food interaction for LIOD
alcohol interaction for LIOD
pregnancy interaction for LIOD
lactation interaction for LIOD
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LIOD
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LIOD
- LINCO 500MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Drakt Pharmaceutical Pvt LtdRs. 10.73/capsuleRs. 107.27pay 15% more per capsule
- LINCOBEST 500MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 5.99/capsuleRs. 59.90save 36% more per capsule
- LINES 500MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Glorious Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 9.81/capsuleRs. 98.10pay 5% more per capsule
- LYCIN 500MG CAPSULE(8 capsules in strip)Wens Drugs India Pvt LtdRs. 7.45/capsuleRs. 59.56save 20% more per capsule
- LYNX 500 CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 6.41/capsuleRs. 96.15save 31% more per capsule
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for LIOD
- Tell your doctor if you have or had asthma, gastrointestinal problems, liver or kidney disease.
- Stop taking lincomycin immediately and seek medical advice if you experience diarrhea that is watery or bloody.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop allergic reactions: rashes, difficulty in breathing, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Do not stop taking lincomycin even if you feel better, as skipping dose may increase the risk of further bacterial infections that are resistant to antibiotics.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for LIOD
Q.Is lincomycin a Macrolide?
No, Lincomycin is not a macrolide, it belongs to lincosamide class
Q.Is lincomycin an antibiotic?
Yes, Lincomycin is an antibiotic
Q.Is lincomycin an aminoglycoside?
No, Lincomycin is not an aminoglycoside, it belongs to lincosamide class
Q.What does lincomycin treat/ cure?
Lincomycin is used to treat infections caused by bacteria
Q.How is lincomycin supplied?
Lincomycin is supplies as injectable solution, compounding powder or capsule
Q.Where does lincomycin come from?
Lincomycin is derived from actinomyces Streptomyces lincolnensis (a species of bacteria).