Information about Lincomycin
Lincomycin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How lincomycin works
Lincomycin is an antibiotic. It stops the bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of lincomycin
Nausea, Skin rash, Itching, Rectal itching, Ringing in ear, Dizziness, Tongue swelling, Tongue pain, Vaginal itching, Vaginal discharge, Vertigo, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Lincomycin
- ₹13 to ₹106Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹99Glorious Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹93Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited2 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹14Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9Dew Drops Lab1 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹18Windlas Biotech Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹108Drakt Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹60Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹225Pfizer Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹40Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lincomycin
- Tell your doctor if you have or had asthma, gastrointestinal problems, liver or kidney disease.
- Stop taking lincomycin immediately and seek medical advice if you experience diarrhea that is watery or bloody.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop allergic reactions: rashes, difficulty in breathing, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Do not stop taking lincomycin even if you feel better, as skipping dose may increase the risk of further bacterial infections that are resistant to antibiotics.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Lincomycin
Q. Is Lincomycin a Macrolide?
No, Lincomycin is not a macrolide, it belongs to lincosamide class
Q. Is Lincomycin an antibiotic?
Yes, Lincomycin is an antibiotic
Q. Is Lincomycin an aminoglycoside?
No, Lincomycin is not an aminoglycoside, it belongs to lincosamide class
Q. What does Lincomycin treat/ cure?
Lincomycin is used to treat infections caused by bacteria
Q. How is Lincomycin supplied?
Lincomycin is supplies as injectable solution, compounding powder or capsule
Q. Where does Lincomycin come from?
Lincomycin is derived from actinomyces Streptomyces lincolnensis (a species of bacteria).