Medicine Overview of Lenome Capsule
Lenome 25 mg Capsule is used in the treatment of multiple myeloma
and lepra reaction.
Side Effects of Lenome are Headache, Weakness, Nausea, Rash, Breathlessness, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Edema (swelling), Loss of appetite, Decreased white blood cell count, Decreased calcium level in blood, Weight gain, Muscle weakness, Fatigue, Fever, Anxiety, Blood clots , Dry skin, Weight loss, Confusion, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Neuropathy, Constipation, Tremor.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Lenome 25 mg Capsule may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Lenome 25 mg Capsule modulates the activity of body's immune system and helps indirectly attacking the cancer cells. It also stops the growth of blood vessels in cancer.
In Depth Information on Lenome Capsule
- You may be monitored with regular blood tests before and during the treatment as lenalidomide may cause a fall in the white blood cells and platelets, required to fight infection and blood clotting.
- Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury and avoid contact with people who have colds or infections.
- You should not donate blood, semen or serum during treatment and for 4 week after the end of treatment.
- You may be at risk of developing acute myelogenous leukemia, Hodgkin lymphoma tumor lysis syndrome, fatal liver problems, severe skin reactions and fatal heart problems during treatment with lenalidomide. You should discuss in advance the benefits and risks of taking lenalidomide.
- Lenalidomide is not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years.
- You should use proper contraceptive methods at least 4 weeks before, during and until 4 weeks after stopping treatment.
- Woman of childbearing potential will be required to undergo pregnancy tests before, every 4 weeks and after the treatment.
- You should inform your doctor or dentist that you take lenalidomide before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Do not drive or operate machines while taking lenalidomide as it may make you feel dizzy, tired, sleepy or have blurred vision.
Lenome Capsule related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Lenome 25 mg Capsule is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Lenome 25 mg Capsule is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
You may feel dizzy, tired, sleepy, have vertigo or blurred vision after taking Lenome 25 mg Capsule and this may affect your ability to drive.
Lenome 25 mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lenome 25 mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Lenome 25 mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Lenome 25 mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Questions Related to Lenome
Report shows higher esr value what should i do.
Dr. Priyanka Shekhar
A very high ESR usually has an obvious cause, such as a severe infection, marked by an increase in globulins, polymyalgia rheumatica or temporal arteritis. A health practitioner will typically use other follow-up tests, such as blood cultures, depending on the person's symptoms. People with multiple myeloma or Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia (tumors that make large amounts of immunoglobulins) typically have very high ESRs even if they don't have inflammationNeed to correlate clinicallyKindly consult your doctor
Frequently asked questions about Lenome Capsule
Q. What is Lenome/ What is Lenome used for / is Lenome a chemotherapy drug/ a cytotoxic?
Lenome an immunomodulatory and an antiangiogenic agent andis used to treat multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes and mantle cell lymphoma in certain patients. It is a chemotherapy-like drug and has the same cytotoxic effects as chemotherapy drugs as in to kill myeloma cells but the mechanism of action is different
Q. How is Lenome administered?
Lenome is administered orally as a capsule
Lenome works by affecting the body's immune system and directly attacking the cancer cells
Q. Does Lenome cause hair loss?
Hair loss could be a side effect of using Lenome. Always consult your doctor before its use.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Lenome 25mg Capsule: HPP, PTI, ALC, VJS, DVH, APS, OWN, EAN, ASP, SHN, PNT, MBP, UHP, MAK, OLT, SGC, AMH, VOP, MDO, SHG, ABP, CMC, KHD, ALY, AMR, DPP, RWP, BLS, UPA, CRN, SYN, CLT, AGP, KIM, HPC, AVB, RHL, NWP, VSL, BHP, SPD, MIP, PNQ, VTR, WHP, LMS, UVD, OMV, MDI, DZY, SSS, WDE, ZEL, TOM, MJT, RVC, GEO, NEO, DAO, EEC, SBN, WPL, SCH, USM, SWP, LHP, RAC, JJE, BDI, MOM, MDN, BBN, GLD, SDM, MKS, GHR, BRC, HLT, AXM, SAF, EQN, GTC, VNS, HMP, RSS, AYM, MLC, HZF, ZVP, MSD, KHH, TAT, AVS, DLY, PPR, JBT, GDA, BNT, NXG, SHD, VHP, SVH, DGN, BNA, LCC, JSL, MFN, TRP, HGI, IAD, HAT, CMD, ATP, NLP, SJP, SRG, GLM, IPP, NVY, SDE, EPS, ENP, GGL, DHP, KMC, AYU, HTS, AHP, OIP, GFL, PRN, YMI, BGS, NLG, PSF, DFP, 4IT, PTP, BTM, SNG, PHN, BJR, RKS, OHM, LHA, DRA, BLE, MPC, PMA, HNP, PHC, VRS, TFP, PRT, MAX, MAP, 1MH, NTB, BNC, DLP, BAP, DYL, EMB, AAR, AAY, SLN, PEN, KNH, MDH, QTM, KLC, BIO, BBS, NVL, BLP, BHM, ADT, SBA, USF, AYN, STS, BDN, DPL, VDH, ANT, WHL, XMX, TNH, BHS, FGH, EVP, PLT, JIV, KIS, HCP, AGT, NNP, DHR, PRC, MKT, RGH, SBL, VSC, IPL, PWN, ATL, FIP, ANS, NPH, PVP, NTL, HEX, SCP, FRM, RPP, WSI, GMA, SIO, AVL, GBL, BJP, THP, RDR, HSM, RSA, ZPR, JVO, SAA, RUS, INC, SMS, JHC, RTL, IMC, ANP, TSS, BHA, CPK, SHC, ARD, UMP, ESY, BSN, MAM, OWP, JVN, SSI, QLF, RRP, SMN, GNC, RDH, KHC, RHW, HWS, RPI, RHS, SVS, WAD, DYG, SLC, SGH, GPP, MRS, HIP, PRL, HSP, NAS, AFT, STA, 9MM, BMJ, HBV, BAL, SWA, SPF, NSL, OBS, SNH, NDP