food interaction for KORANDIL
alcohol interaction for KORANDIL
pregnancy interaction for KORANDIL
lactation interaction for KORANDIL
medicine interaction for KORANDIL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR KORANDIL
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR KORANDIL 10 MG TABLET
Patients taking KORANDIL 10 MG TABLET
- 56%Twice A Day
- 42%Once A Day
- 2%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR KORANDIL
- NIKORAN 10 MG TABLET(20 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 18.65/tabletRs. 373pay 10% more per tablet
- NIKORAN OD 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 19.70/tabletRs. 197pay 16% more per tablet
- NICOSTAR 10 MG TABLET(20 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 8.05/tabletRs. 161save 53% more per tablet
- K COR 10 MG TABLET(20 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 16.95/tabletRs. 339same price
- NICODUCE 10 MG TABLET(20 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 19.70/tabletRs. 393.90pay 16% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR KORANDIL
- If you have severe mouth sores (ulceration).
- If you are taking medication to lower blood pressure.
- If your taking medication to treat inflammation (corticosteroids).
- If you have blood volume depletion or fluid in the lungs (acute pulmonary edema).
Frequently asked questions FOR KORANDIL
Q. Is nicorandil FDA Approved?
Yes, it is FDA approved for prevention and treatment of long term chronic stable angina (sensation of pressure, squeezing, or pain in the chest due to insufficient supply of blood to the muscles of the heart) and acute coronary syndrome
Q. Is nicorandil a beta blocker/calcium channel blocker/angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor/nitrate?
No, nicorandil belong to class of medication called as potassium channel activator
Q. What is nicorandil and for what treatment it is used for?
Nicorandil belong to class of medication called as potassium channel activator. It is used in prevention and treatment of chronic stable angina and acute coronary syndrome
Q. Can nicorandil used for lowering blood pressure?
No, it is not used to lower blood pressure. However, concomitant administration with blood pressure lowering drugs (vasodilators, alcohol. Tricyclic antidepressants ) may decrease the blood pressure of hypotensive patients. Patients should consult doctors regarding the possible side effects
Q. Does nicorandil cause headache?
Yes, headache is the most common side effect with nicorandil. Patients should consult doctors regarding the possible side effects.