Information about Nicorandil
Nicorandil is used in the treatment of Angina (heart-related chest pain).
How Nicorandil works
Nicorandil is a vasodilator. It works by reducing the workload of the heart. As a result, heart muscle does not need as much blood and oxygen supply. This reduces the frequency and severity of angina attacks.
Common side effects of Nicorandil
Headache, Dizziness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Palpitations, Gastrointestinal ulcer, Eye ulcer, Skin ulcer
Available Medicine for Nicorandil
NikoranTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹113 to ₹5576 variant(s)
KorandilSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹137 to ₹2464 variant(s)
K-CorMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹363 to ₹5432 variant(s)
₹270 to ₹6044 variant(s)
NucorilEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹130 to ₹5263 variant(s)
K-IonNouveau Medicament Pvt Ltd
₹366 to ₹7153 variant(s)
NikosLloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹464 to ₹5562 variant(s)
NicorexAprica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹97 to ₹1302 variant(s)
MayonilEl-Dorado Bio-Tech Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Nicorandil
- You must continue to take it as advised, usually for a long time.
- Nicorandil may cause headaches. Drink plenty of water and take a suitable painkiller. Inform your doctor if it does not go away.
- Nicorandil may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything which requires concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Nicorandil as that may cause increased dizziness.
- Do not take medications like sildenafil or tadalafil (prescribed for erectile dysfunction) while on treatment with Nicorandil as it may cause low blood pressure.
- Inform your doctor if you notice any bleeding from the anal passage, blood in vomit or black stools.