Information about Nicorandil
Nicorandil is used in the treatment of Angina (heart-related chest pain).
How Nicorandil works
Nicorandil is a vasodilator. It works by reducing the workload of the heart. As a result, heart muscle does not need as much blood and oxygen supply. This reduces the frequency and severity of angina attacks.
Common side effects of Nicorandil
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Dizziness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
Available Medicine for Nicorandil
NikoranTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹78 to ₹5066 variant(s)
KorandilSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹137 to ₹2053 variant(s)
₹164 to ₹6307 variant(s)
K-CorMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹330 to ₹4492 variant(s)
₹261 to ₹5234 variant(s)
NucorilEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹130 to ₹4363 variant(s)
K-IonNouveau Medicament Pvt Ltd
₹413 to ₹7152 variant(s)
NikosLloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹383 to ₹4592 variant(s)
NicorexAprica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹97 to ₹1302 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nicorandil
- You must continue to take it as advised, usually for a long time.
- Nicorandil may cause headaches. Drink plenty of water and take a suitable painkiller. Inform your doctor if it does not go away.
- Nicorandil may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything which requires concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Nicorandil as that may cause increased dizziness.
- Do not take medications like sildenafil or tadalafil (prescribed for erectile dysfunction) while on treatment with Nicorandil as it may cause low blood pressure.
- Inform your doctor if you notice any bleeding from the anal passage, blood in vomit or black stools.