Medicine Overview of Jakavi Tablet
Uses of Jakavi Tablet
Jakavi 20mg Tablet is used in the treatment of chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis.
Side effects of Jakavi Tablet
Headache, Dizziness, Reduced blood platelets, Bruising, Anemia.
How to use Jakavi Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Jakavi 20mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Jakavi Tablet works
In patients with cancer, a change in DNA (genetic material) triggers a signal which produces abnormal cancer cells. Jakavi 20mg tablet blocks this signal, and thus stops the production of these cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Jakavi Tablet
Expert advice for Jakavi Tablet
- You will be recommended frequent blood tests (every 2 to 4 weeks) and your doctor can change the dosage based on your test reports.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have had any infections such as tuberculosis (TB), hepatitis etc. or any disorders of the kidney, liver or any form of skin cancers.
- Do not take ruxolitinib before a dialysis treatment.
- Take necessary precautions as ruxolitinib may reduce the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood and the ability of your body to fight infection.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience unexplained bruising, sudden bleeding, unusual tiredness, difficulty in breathing, pale skin, frequent infections, fever, chills, prolonged coughing, increased sweating at night, sudden weight loss, loss of balance, difficulties in walking/coordination, speaking difficulties, clumsiness, difficulty in thinking, blurring of vision, weakness on one side of body, painful skin rashes with blisters or any unusual skin changes.
- Do not give ruxolitinib to children aged below 18 years.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after using ruxolitinib as it may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to ruxolitinib or any of its ingredients.
Special precautions for Jakavi 20mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Jakavi 20mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Jakavi 20mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Jakavi 20mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, o+more
r decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Jakavi 20mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment....
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Jakavi 20mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Ruxolitinib
Yes, Jakavi is approved for marketing in India.
Substitutes for Jakavi
No substitutes found for this medicine