Information about Diclofenac
Diclofenac is used for pain relief. It relieves pain in conditions like headache, mild migraine, muscle pain, dental pain, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis, or painful menses.
How Diclofenac works
Diclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of Diclofenac
Vomiting, Stomach pain/epigastric pain, Stomach ulcer, Nausea, Indigestion, Diarrhea, Heartburn, Loss of appetite
Available Medicine for Diclofenac
VoveranNovartis India Ltd
₹21 to ₹20511 variant(s)
DFOOzone Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹22 to ₹1667 variant(s)
DilonaMapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹5 to ₹1435 variant(s)
DiclotalBlue Cross Laboratories Ltd
₹5 to ₹645 variant(s)
Diclotal AQBlue Cross Laboratories Ltd
GudgesicMankind Pharma Ltd
₹22 to ₹1252 variant(s)
ArkApex Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹41 to ₹2006 variant(s)
Dynatroy AQTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
DicloranLekar Pharma Ltd
₹4 to ₹1256 variant(s)
RelaxylFranco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹16 to ₹804 variant(s)
Expert advice for Diclofenac
- You have been prescribed Diclofenac to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Take it with food or milk to prevent upset stomach.
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Long term use may lead to serious complications such as stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- It may cause dizziness, drowsiness or visual disturbances. Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Diclofenac as it can cause excessive drowsiness and increase your risk of stomach problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart disease or stroke.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney function, liver function and levels of blood components, if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.