Substitutes for G CIN A TABLET
GEMIF 320MG TABLET
Hetero Drugs Ltd
GEMEZ 320MG TABLET
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
BIOGEM 320MG TABLET
Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries
QUINHEXT 320MG TABLET
Sanofi India Ltd
GEMIMAC 320MG TABLET
Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Medicine Overview of G CIN A TABLET
Uses of G CIN A TABLET
G cin a 320mg tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
Side effects of G CIN A TABLET
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction.
How to use G CIN A TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take G cin a 320mg tablet at a fixed time.
How G CIN A TABLET works
G cin a 320mg tablet is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting the DNA replication.
In Depth Information on G CIN A TABLET
Expert advice for G CIN A TABLET
- Do not take gemifloxacin if you have a history of a neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness (myasthenia gravis) as it may worsen muscle weakness and cause breathing problems.
- Do not stop using gemifloxacin even if you feel better, as the infection may not be completely treated and the bacteria may develop resistance.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience symptoms such as pain, swelling, inflammation and possible breakage of bands of tissue that connect muscles to bone (tendons) especially in the achilles tendon in the back of the foot/ankle while taking the medicine or within several months of stopping it.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of seizures, diabetes, severe or persistent diarrhea, skin sensitivity to the sun, severe heart, liver or kidney problems, heart blood vessel problems, or low blood potassium or magnesium levels, family history of irregular heartbeat (QT prolongation) or are taking any medications for these problems (e.g. amiodarone, procainamide, quinidine, sotalol).
- Do not drive, operate machinery, or participate in activities requiring alertness or coordination until you know how this medication affects you.
- Avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight as gemifloxacin may make your skin sensitive to sunlight or ultraviolet light.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for G CIN A 320MG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
G cin a 320mg tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Do not drive, operate machinery, or do other activities that+more
require mental alertness or coordination until you know how FACTIVE affects you....
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
ZYDOL 50MG SUSPENSION, EPSOLIN 50MG/2ML INJECTION, OZIP 2.5MG TABLET, OLIZA 10MG INJECTION
If you miss a dose of Gemifloxacin, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for G CIN A 320MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Gemifloxacin
Q. How does gemifloxacin work?
Gemifloxacin is an antibacterial drug that belongs to a class of medicines called fluoroquinolone antibiotics. It inhibits essential proteins necessary for bacterial reproduction thereby killing the infection causing bacteria.
Q. What is gemifloxacin used for?
Gemifloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat certain infections caused by bacteria, particularly, gram-positive bacteria like streptococcus. Pneumonia (including multi-drug resistant strains) and some staphylococci which cause diseases such as exacerbation of chronic bronchitis (sudden worsening of symptoms due to bacterial infection in the windpipe), community-acquired pneumonia (lung infection developed in the person who was not in the hospital