Information about Gemifloxacin
Gemifloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin and soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Gemifloxacin works
Gemifloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of Gemifloxacin
Rash, Vomiting, Headache, Dizziness, Stomach pain, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Gemifloxacin
BiogemUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹89 to ₹61453 variant(s)
G Cin ALupin Ltd
GembioUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
GrandfloxRonyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd
GemoneDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
G FlorenIndoco Remedies Ltd
GemibidInvision Medi Sciences Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Gemifloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Gemifloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Gemifloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.