food interaction for FULVENAT
alcohol interaction for FULVENAT
pregnancy interaction for FULVENAT
lactation interaction for FULVENAT
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR FULVENAT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR FULVENAT
- FASLODEX 250MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Astra ZenecaRs. 8440/ML of injectionRs. 42200save 50% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR FULVENAT
- Fulvestrant should only be taken by women who have undergone menopause and cannot become pregnant.
- Fulvestrant should be used with caution if you have kidney/liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have any bleeding disorder, decreased platelet count, or are receiving blood-thinning medication (for example, warfarin), as fulvestrant when administered in the muscles of the buttock carries a risk of bleeding.
- There is a potential risk of thinning or weakening of the bone (osteoporosis) with fulvestrant use. If you experience any such effects, inform your doctor immediately.
- Fulvestrant use may lead to asthenia (lack or loss of strength and energy). If you experience such symptoms, avoid driving or operating machines.
Frequently asked questions FOR FULVENAT
Q. Is fulvestrant an aromatase inhibitor/chemo drug/hormone?
No, fulvestrant belongs to group of medication called as estrogen receptor antagonists. It is a chemotherapeutic drug used for the treatment of breast cancer in women who have attained menopause
Q. What is fulvestrant used for?
Fulvestrant is used in the treatment of breast cancer which has spread locally or to other parts of the body, in women who have attained menopause, and have not responded well to treatment with antiestrogen medications
Q. How is fulvestrant administered?
Fulvestrant is administered by in the muscles of the buttocks, one injection on each side, once a month; this is followed by similar doses at intervals of 2 weeks
Q. Does fulvestrant cause hair loss?
Fulvestrant has not been reported to cause hair loss.