food interaction for FOSIROL
alcohol interaction for FOSIROL
pregnancy interaction for FOSIROL
lactation interaction for FOSIROL
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FOSIROL
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for FOSIROL 3GM POWDER
Patients taking FOSIROL 3GM POWDER
- 63%Once A Day
- 23%Once A Week
- 5%Twice A Month
- 5%Alternate Day
- 3%Twice A Week
- 2%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for FOSIROLNo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
Expert advice for FOSIROL
- Only one dose of fosfomycin is needed to treat your UTI. Once taken, the medicine will continue to fight the infection.
- The medicine is in powder form that must be mixed with water before using. Do not mix it with hot water and never swallow the medicine in its dry form.
- If you are prescribed with tetracycline, take it at least 2 hours before or after you take fosfomycin.
- Discuss with your doctor if you have diarrhea or any kidney disease.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as fosfomycin may make you dizzy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for FOSIROL
Q.Is Fosfomycin a macrolide/sulfa drug/penicillin?
Fosfomycin is not macrolide/sulfa drug/penicillin. It is phosphonic acid derivative antibiotic
Q.Can you take Fosfomycin with penicillin allergy/ does fosfomycin contain penicillin?
Fosfomycon does not contain penicillin and it can be taken with penicillin allergy
Q.Does fosfomycin cover pseudomonas/ klebsiella/ proteus/ group b strep?
Fosfomycin works against pseudomonas, klebsiella and proteus but not against group b strep.