Information about Fosfomycin
Fosfomycin is used in the treatment and prevention of bacterial infections of urinary tract.
How Fosfomycin works
Fosfomycin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering which is needed for their survival. It also reduces bacterial attachment to cells lining the bladder.
Common side effects of Fosfomycin
Headache, Dizziness, Indigestion, Vaginal inflammation
Available Medicine for Fosfomycin
MonurolModi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd
FonylGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
NovefosSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹345 to ₹4152 variant(s)
FosfotasIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹314 to ₹36842 variant(s)
FosfoeKoye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd
FosfocinAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹298 to ₹29902 variant(s)
FosfoficGufic Bioscience Ltd
FosfonaAlniche Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹360 to ₹39902 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fosfomycin
- Fosfomycin is used to treat and prevent bacterial infections of the urinary tract.
- Dissolve it in a glass of water and drink immediately, preferably at bedtime, 2 hours after meals (after emptying the bladder).
- Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks, and drink plenty of water while taking Fosfomycin.
- Diarrhea is a common side effect. Inform your doctor if it does not get better or if you see blood in stools.
- Fosfomycin may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Symptoms should get better in 2 to 3 days of the single dose treatment. Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after 2 to 3 days.