Medicine Overview of Fludacel Injection
Side effects of Fludacel Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Diarrhoea, Anemia, Fever, Fatigue, Reduced blood platelets, Viral infection, Cough, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils).
How to use Fludacel Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Fludacel Injection works
Fludacel 50mg injection interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
In Depth Information on Fludacel Injection
Expert advice for Fludacel Injection
- Do not start fludarabine if you have intolerance to some sugars, depressed immune system, present history of serious infection, feeling very unwell, or have bleeding or bruising.
- Fludarabine is not recommended for children and should be used with caution in elderly patients over 65 years of age.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop rash or any blisters, red to brownish urine after taking fludarabine, disturbed vision, pain in side, blood in urine or decreased urine, need to have stem cells collected, need blood transfusion, have had skin cancer, need vaccination, have nausea or vomiting.
- Use effective methods of contraception during fludarabine treatment to avoid pregnancy.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking fludarabine as it can make you tired, weak, confused, agitated, cause disturbed vision, or fits.
Special precautions for Fludacel 50mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Fludacel 50mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Fludacel 50mg Injection should be used with caution during l+more
actation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Fludacel 50mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Fludacel 50mg Injection is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be advised in patients with renal impairment....
Caution should be advised in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Fludacel 50mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Fludarabine
Fludacel is not vesicant (irritant) or alkylating agent, it is an antimetabolite (purine analogue)
Fludacel is administered orally
Fludacel refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia is chronic lymphocytic leukemia that does not respond to Fludacel or recurs within 6 months of treatment
Yes, Fludacel can cause hair loss.