Information about Fludarabine
Fludarabine is used in the treatment of ovarian cancer, head and neck cancer, cervical cancer, Testicular cancer., breast cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), blood cancer, lung cancer, bone cancer and urinary bladder cancer.
How fludarabine works
Fludarabine interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
Common side effects of fludarabine
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Diarrhoea, Anemia, Fever, Fatigue, Reduced blood platelets, Viral infection, Cough, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils)
Available Medicine for Fludarabine
- ₹6500Celon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9611Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11825 to ₹35471Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹5557Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5552Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7500Miracalus Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fludarabine
- Do not start fludarabine if you have intolerance to some sugars, depressed immune system, present history of serious infection, feeling very unwell, or have bleeding or bruising.
- Fludarabine is not recommended for children and should be used with caution in elderly patients over 65 years of age.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop rash or any blisters, red to brownish urine after taking fludarabine, disturbed vision, pain in side, blood in urine or decreased urine, need to have stem cells collected, need blood transfusion, have had skin cancer, need vaccination, have nausea or vomiting.
- Use effective methods of contraception during fludarabine treatment to avoid pregnancy.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking fludarabine as it can make you tired, weak, confused, agitated, cause disturbed vision, or fits.
Frequently asked questions for Fludarabine
Q. Is Fludarabine a vesicant or an alkylating agent?
Fludarabine is not vesicant (irritant) or alkylating agent, it is an antimetabolite (purine analogue)
Q. How is Fludarabine administered?
Fludarabine is administered orally
Q. What is Fludarabine refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia?
Fludarabine refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia is chronic lymphocytic leukemia that does not respond to Fludarabine or recurs within 6 months of treatment
Q. Does Fludarabine cause hair loss?
Yes, Fludarabine can cause hair loss.