food interaction for FLOXIGEM
alcohol interaction for FLOXIGEM
pregnancy interaction for FLOXIGEM
lactation interaction for FLOXIGEM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FLOXIGEM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FLOXIGEM
- G CIN 320MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 23.70/tabletRs. 118.50save 39% more per tablet
- GEMBAX 320 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 17.80/tabletRs. 89save 54% more per tablet
- GEMONE 320 MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 26.30/tabletRs. 131.50save 33% more per tablet
- ZEMI 320MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)FDC LtdRs. 14.40/tabletRs. 72save 63% more per tablet
- GEMEZ 320 MG TABLET(5 tablet in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 17.24/tabletRs. 86.18save 56% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for FLOXIGEM
- Do not take gemifloxacin if you have a history of a neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness (myasthenia gravis) as it may worsen muscle weakness and cause breathing problems.
- Do not stop using gemifloxacin even if you feel better, as the infection may not be completely treated and the bacteria may develop resistance.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience symptoms such as pain, swelling, inflammation and possible breakage of bands of tissue that connect muscles to bone (tendons) especially in the achilles tendon in the back of the foot/ankle while taking the medicine or within several months of stopping it.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of seizures, diabetes, severe or persistent diarrhea, skin sensitivity to the sun, severe heart, liver or kidney problems, heart blood vessel problems, or low blood potassium or magnesium levels, family history of irregular heartbeat (QT prolongation) or are taking any medications for these problems (e.g. amiodarone, procainamide, quinidine, sotalol).
- Do not drive, operate machinery, or participate in activities requiring alertness or coordination until you know how this medication affects you.
- Avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight as gemifloxacin may make your skin sensitive to sunlight or ultraviolet light.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for FLOXIGEM
Q.What is gemifloxacin used for?
Gemifloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat certain infections caused by bacteria, particularly, gram-positive bacteria like streptococcus. Pneumonia (including multi-drug resistant strains) and some staphylococci which cause diseases such as exacerbation of chronic bronchitis (sudden worsening of symptoms due to bacterial infection in the windpipe), community-acquired pneumonia (lung infection developed in the person who was not in the hospital
Q.How does gemifloxacin work?
Gemifloxacin is an antibacterial drug that belongs to a class of medicines called fluoroquinolone antibiotics. It inhibits essential proteins necessary for bacterial reproduction thereby killing the infection causing bacteria.