food interaction for FEX
alcohol interaction for FEX
pregnancy interaction for FEX
lactation interaction for FEX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FEX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FEX
- SPORIDEX AF 750 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 27.50/tabletRs. 275pay 32% more per tablet
- PHEXIN BD 750 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 29.14/tabletRs. 291.35pay 40% more per tablet
- CEFF 750 MG TABLET ER(6 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 30/tabletRs. 180pay 44% more per tablet
- ECEF OD 750MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 19.50/tabletRs. 117.03save 6% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for FEX
Frequently asked questions for FEX
Q.Does cephalexin contain sulfa or penicillin?
Cephalexin does not contain sulfa and is not penicillin. It is a cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is cephalexin the same as Keflex, Sporanox, or amoxicillin?
Keflex is a brand name for cephalexin, but Sporanox and amoxicillin are other drugs
Q.Is cephalexin safe?
Cephalexin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take cephalexin with Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Tylenol (paracetamol), Dayquil (Phenylephrine, acetaminophen, dextromethorphan), Benadryl (diphenhydramine), Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate), or Advil (ibuprofen)?
Yes, you may take cephalexin with Nyquil, Tylenol, Dayquil, Benadryl, Tamiflu, or Advil. Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Can I take cephalexin with citalopram, or vitamins?
Yes, you can take cephalexin with citalopram, or vitamins
Q.Can I take cephalexin for a cold?
Cephalexin treats infections caused by bacteria. It does not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu
Q.Does cephalexin treat sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), staph infections or bacterial vaginosis (BV)?
Cephalexin is not approved to treat STDs and is not active against MRSA. It may be used against staph infections, but is not very effective against bacterial vaginosis.