Information about Cefalexin
Cefalexin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used to treat common mild to moderate bacterial infection.
How Cefalexin works
Cefalexin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Cefalexin
Rash, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Stomach pain, Nausea, Indigestion, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Cefalexin
SporidexSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹45 to ₹35515 variant(s)
PhexinGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹85 to ₹35210 variant(s)
₹41 to ₹2447 variant(s)
Ceff ForteLupin Ltd
PlexinBurnet Pharmaceuticals P Ltd
₹44 to ₹1925 variant(s)
CephalkemAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹24 to ₹1285 variant(s)
NufexRPG Life Sciences Ltd
₹49 to ₹2725 variant(s)
₹30 to ₹1808 variant(s)
KeflexEli Lilly and Company India Pvt Ltd
₹34 to ₹1445 variant(s)
CephaxinBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹23 to ₹1623 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefalexin
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefalexin to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Discontinue Cefalexin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefalexin as it may cause increased side effects.