food interaction for EUTUM
alcohol interaction for EUTUM
pregnancy interaction for EUTUM
lactation interaction for EUTUM
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR EUTUM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR EUTUM
- FORTUM 1 GM INJECTION(1 GM injection in vial)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 258.19/GM of injectionRs. 258.19pay 11% more per GM of injection
- TAZID 1GM INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 23.19/ML of injectionRs. 231.94save 90% more per ML of injection
- MEGAZID 1GM INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 220.07/ML of injectionRs. 220.07save 5% more per ML of injection
- FORTACEF 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 265/injectionRs. 265pay 14% more per injection
- STEF 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 276.20/injectionRs. 276.20pay 19% more per injection
Expert advice FOR EUTUM
- Ceftazidime is usually given by a doctor or a nurse as an injection directly into the vein or muscle.
- Do not drive if you feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with ceftazidime.
- If you are taking birth conrol pills, ceftazidime can make them less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control while taking this drug to avoid pregnancy.
- Do not start or continue the ceftazidime and consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR EUTUM
Q. Is ceftazidime a sulfa, penicillin or a beta lactam drug?
Ceftazidime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is beta lactam cephalosporin antibiotic
Q. Is ceftazidime the same as Rocephin?
No, Rocephin is the brand name for ceftriaxone
Q. Is ceftazidime dialyzable?
Yes, ceftazidime is a dialyzable drug
Q. Is ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin compatible?
Yes, ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin are compatible when taken together
Q. What organisms does ceftazidime cover?
Ceftazidime is active against pseudomonas, anaerobes, and staphylococcus bacteria. It may not be effective against methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
Q. Is ceftazidime nephrotoxic?
No, ceftazidime is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone but when given along with aminoglycoside antibiotics (gentamicin, tobramycin) or diuretics such as furosemide, it may increase nephrotoxicity.