Medicine Overview of Ethimax Tablet
Ethimax 250mg Tablet is used in the treatment of tuberculosis
Loss of appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Gastric irritation, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Weakness, Depression, Sleepiness.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Ethimax 250mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
Ethimax 250mg Tablet is an antibiotic. It works by slowing the growth of bacteria that causes tuberculosis.
In Depth Information on Ethimax Tablet
- You should always take ethionamide in combination with other anti-tubercular drugs as its use alone in the treatment results in the rapid development of drug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Always adhere to the drug regimen for the full duration of treatment as non-adherence to prescribed treatment can result in treatment failure and in the development of drug-resistant tuberculosis, which can be life-threatening and lead to other serious health risks.
- Tell your doctor if you have diabetes, liver problems, or vision problems.
- You may be monitored with blood sugar, liver function, vision and thyroid function tests while on treatment with ethionamide.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Ethionamide is not recommended in children below 12 years unless the organisms are found to be definitely resistant to primary therapy.
Ethimax Tablet related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ethimax 250mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Ethimax 250mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Ethimax 250mg Tablet may cause side effects such as drowsiness or a headache, that can impair your ability to drive.
Ethimax 250mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Ethimax 250mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Dose adjustment may be needed in patients with end stage kidney disease.
Ethimax 250mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Ethimax 250mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Ethimax 250mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with the severe liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Ethimax 250mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
User Submitted Feedback For Ethimax 250mg Tablet
What were the side-effects while using Ethimax 250mg Tablet? How do you take Ethimax Tablet? How much was the improvement? Please rate Ethimax 250mg Tablet on price What are you using Ethimax Tablet for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Ethimax 250mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Ethimax Tablet
Ethimax is used in combination with other medicines for the treatment of active tuberculosis (infectious disease caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis).
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Ethimax 250mg Tablet: PLT, OLT, AGT, MSD, SWP, MPC, PNT, BBS, TNH, GBL, DPP, SWA, NNH, HPC, RSS, DDR, RKS, SCH, STA, DLP, ADT, SRG, MAX, MOM, CLT, ZVP, BMJ, SHD, JMJ, BIO, OIP, IPL, ENP, INC, SVH, OHM, RUS, SYN, WSI, TRP, JIV, AYU, RWP, GTC, GNC, PVP, AAY, EMB, SAT, HGI, ATL, SAF, RPP, NDP, SDM, BTM, PTI, HBV, TOM, NSL, VRS, HMP, WHL, RHW, ANT, HAT, LHA, SSA, SBA, RJH, MDO, ABP, BSN, PEN, MAK, 9T9, JVO, KHH, FGH, RHL, THP, DYG, ARD, GPT, OWP, BAL, ZEL, GPP, SBL, HIP, PPR, NWP, BHP, DPL, PRN, LCC, AVN, IAD, NVY, GTK, MLC, DHR, UMP, PWN, AMR, NVL, RSA, USF, ATP, SJP, SHP, NXG, NTB, DFP, MAM, HEX, MMS, SGC, JVN, DGN, AAR, BDN, EQN