food interaction for ENIDAZOL
alcohol interaction for ENIDAZOL
pregnancy interaction for ENIDAZOL
lactation interaction for ENIDAZOL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ENIDAZOL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ENIDAZOL
- TINIBA 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 4.72/tabletRs. 47.25pay 69% more per tablet
- TINVISTA 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.86/tabletRs. 8.62save 69% more per tablet
- PROTOBID 300MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Iatros Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 2.86/tabletRs. 28.57pay 2% more per tablet
- TINI 300MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Merck LtdRs. 2.05/tabletRs. 20.52save 27% more per tablet
- TINI 300MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Kopran LtdRs. 2.79/tabletRs. 27.88same price
Expert advice FOR ENIDAZOL
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you feel dizzy or numb after taking tinidazole.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking this medication and for 3 days afterwards. Alcohol may cause an upset stomach, vomiting, stomach cramps, headaches, sweating, and flushing (redness of the face).
- If you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- If you have blood disorders at present or in the past.
- If you have brain diseases such as epilepsy (fits).
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
Frequently asked questions FOR ENIDAZOL
Q. Is tinidazole or Fasigyn an antibiotic/sulfa drug?
Tinidazole is an antibiotic/anti-protozoal/anti-amoebic drug. It is not a sulfa drug
Q. Is tinidazole available or sold over the counter?
No. Tinidazole is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q. Is tinidazole the same as metronidazole/Flagyl?
Tinidazole is different from metronidazole (also called as Flagyl). However, both of them belong to the same class of drugs
Q. Is tinidazole/Fasigyn safe?
Yes. Tinidazole is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. What are Tiniba and Fasigyn used for?
Tiniba and Fasigyn are brand names of tinidazole available in the market. They are used for the same indications as tinidazole
Q. Can I take tinidazole with fluconazole/Tylenol/ibuprofen?
Tinidazole can be taken with fluconazole/Tylenol (paracetamol)/ibuprofen only if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Does tinidazole cure bacterial vaginosis and UTI?
Tinidazole is effective in the treatment of bacterial vaginosis. But it is not used for treatment of UTI
Q. Does tinidazole cause yeast infections/diarrhea/cancer?
Prolonged use of tinidazole may cause candida or yeast infections. There is no evidence of tinidazole causing cancer. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does tinidazole treat Chlamydial or urinary tract infections?
Yes. Tinidazole is used to treat Chlamydial infections, but is not effective for treating a urinary tract infection
Q. Does tinidazole affect birth control?
There is no evidence of tinidazole affecting birth control. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking tinidazole.