Information about Tinidazole
Tinidazole is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and parasitic infections. It is used in infections of the brain, reproductive system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, vagina, and other areas of the body.
How tinidazole works
Tinidazole is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging the DNA.
Common side effects of tinidazole
Nausea, Headache, Dryness in mouth, Metallic taste
Available Medicine for Tinidazole
- ₹51 to ₹105Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹126Pfizer Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹28East India Pharmaceutical Works Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹30Parenteral Drugs India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹35Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹56Morepen Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹42Iatros Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tinidazole
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
- It may cause side effects like nausea, stomach upset, and a metallic taste in the mouth.
- If you are using Tinidazole in a high dose or for a prolonged time, there is a risk of more side effects, like nerve damage.
- You should not drink alcohol during or for 48 hours after treatment. You may develop nausea, vomiting, flushing and headache if you take it together.
- Inform your doctor if you have a liver disease. Your dose may need to be adjusted in severe liver disease.
Frequently asked questions for Tinidazole
Q. Is Tinidazole or Fasigyn an antibiotic/sulfa drug?
Tinidazole is an antibiotic/anti-protozoal/anti-amoebic drug. It is not a sulfa drug
Q. Is Tinidazole available or sold over the counter?
No. Tinidazole is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q. Is tinidazole the same as metronidazole/Flagyl?
Tinidazole is different from metronidazole (also called as Flagyl). However, both of them belong to the same class of drugs
Q. Is Tinidazole/Fasigyn safe?
Yes. Tinidazole is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. What are Tiniba and Fasigyn used for?
Tiniba and Fasigyn are brand names of tinidazole available in the market. They are used for the same indications as tinidazole
Q. Can I take tinidazole with fluconazole/Tylenol/ibuprofen?
Tinidazole can be taken with fluconazole/Tylenol (paracetamol)/ibuprofen only if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Does Tinidazole cure bacterial vaginosis and UTI?
Tinidazole is effective in the treatment of bacterial vaginosis. But it is not used for treatment of UTI
Q. Does Tinidazole cause yeast infections/diarrhea/cancer?
Prolonged use of Tinidazole may cause candida or yeast infections. There is no evidence of Tinidazole causing cancer. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does Tinidazole treat Chlamydial or urinary tract infections?
Yes. Tinidazole is used to treat Chlamydial infections, but is not effective for treating a urinary tract infection
Q. Does Tinidazole affect birth control?
There is no evidence of Tinidazole affecting birth control. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking Tinidazole.