food interaction for ENAPRIL HT
alcohol interaction for ENAPRIL HT
pregnancy interaction for ENAPRIL HT
lactation interaction for ENAPRIL HT
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ENAPRIL HT
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ENAPRIL HT 10 MG/25 MG TABLET
Patients taking ENAPRIL HT 10 MG/25 MG TABLET
- 88%Once A Day
- 12%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR ENAPRIL HT
- ENACE D 10 TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 10.06/tabletRs. 301.90pay 49% more per tablet
- ENVAS H 10MG/25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.60/tabletRs. 56save 17% more per tablet
- EL HT 10 MG/25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sunij Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 3.38/tabletRs. 33.83save 50% more per tablet
- TENAM HT 10MG/25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Caplet India Pvt LtdRs. 6.54/tabletRs. 65.43save 3% more per tablet
- NORMACE-D 10MG/25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 5.24/tabletRs. 52.37save 22% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ENAPRIL HT
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Notify the doctor if you have signs of recurrent infections (sore throat, chills, fever), these may be signs of neutropenia (unusually low number of cells called neutrophils, a type of white blood cells).
- Enalapril should be discontinued a day prior to any surgery.
- Notify your doctor if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing. This may occur in 1 out of 100 patients taking the Enalapril.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- A persistent dry cough is common with Enalapril. Notify the doctor if the cough becomes bothersome. Do not take any cough medicines.
- Enalapril may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment, especially after the first dose. To avoid this, take the Enalapril at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving if you feel dizzy after consuming Enalapril.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
Frequently asked questions FOR ENAPRIL HT
Q. Is enalapril a beta blocker/statin/alpha blocker?
Enalapril belongs to a class of medication called as angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor
Q. Is enalapril same as ramipril?
Enalapril and ramipril belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q. Is enalapril safe?
Enalapril is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What are enalapril/Envas 5/ Envas 2.5?
Enalapril belongs to a class of medication called as angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE)
Q. Is enalapril a generic drug?
Enalapril is a generic drug whereas Envas 5 and Envas 2.5 is a brand name
Q. Is enalapril a prodrug?
Yes, it forms an active metabolite called as enalapril at
Q. Can I take enalapril with ibubrufen/Tylenol/asprin/ Viagra/ magnesium/Cialis (tadalafil)/Cymbalta(duloxetin)?
Asprin increases antihypertensive effect of enalpril. Patients should follow doctors advice for its use
Q. Does enalapril cause weight gain/loss/cough/hair loose/ sleepiness/ blood sugar/ lowers heart rate?
Enalapril can cause weight loss/gain, cough, lower blood sugar. Patient should fallow doctor’s advice for possible side effects.
Q. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic,which increases the excretion of urine?
Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is hydrochlorothiazide a statin/ opiate?
No.It is the derivative of chlorothiazide
Q. Is hydrochlorothiazide bad for your kidneys?
No.Hydrochlorthiazide is a safe drug at prescribed dose by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have kidney disease and follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take hydrochlorothiazide with lisinopril/ ibuprofen/ synthroid/ aspirin/ potassium/ phentermine/ losartan/ naproxen/ magnesium/ vitamins?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of hydrochlorothiazide. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide cause diabetes/ erectile dysfunction/ weight loss/ gout/ constipation/tinnitus/ potassium loss?
Hydrochlorothiazide causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide have sulfa in it?
Yes.Hydrochlorothiazide has sulfa and it is chemically known as 6-chloro- 3, 4-dihydro-2 H-1, 2, 4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1, 1-dioxide
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide clean your system?
No.Hydrochlorothiazide reduces extra fluid in the body.