Enalapril + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Enalapril + Hydrochlorothiazide
Enalapril + hydrochlorothiazide uses
Enalapril+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
How enalapril + hydrochlorothiazide works
This is a combination of two medicines: Enalapril and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Enalapril is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessels so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of enalapril + hydrochlorothiazide
Nausea, Taste change, Stomach pain, Indigestion, Diarrhea, Cough, Dizziness, Headache, Weakness, Decreased blood pressure, Increased uric acid level in blood, Glucose intolerance, Electrolyte imbalance, Increased blood lipid level
Available Medicine for Enalapril + Hydrochlorothiazide
- ₹92 to ₹365Abbott3 variant(s)
- ₹120Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹61 to ₹73Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹69 to ₹131Caplet India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹37Sunij Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹32Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹27Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹52Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹33Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹27Piramal Healthcare Limited1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Enalapril + Hydrochlorothiazide
- You have been prescribed Enalapril + Hydrochlorothiazide for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It also lowers your risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast, to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- Enalapril + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Inform you doctor about any cough, or throat irritation that doesn't go away.
- Enalapril + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood pressure, kidney function and the levels of salts such as potassium in your blood while you are taking this medicine.
- Do not take Enalapril + Hydrochlorothiazide if you’re pregnant or planning pregnancy. It can cause birth defects or be fatal to your unborn baby.