Substitutes for DTAXANE INJECTION
Medicine Overview of DTAXANE INJECTION
Side effects of DTAXANE INJECTION
Nausea, Vomiting, Muscle pain, Hair loss, Hypersensitivity, Loss of appetite, Infection, Diarrhoea, Anemia, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Altered taste, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Febrile neutropenia, Neuropathy.
How to use DTAXANE INJECTION
How DTAXANE INJECTION works
In Depth Information on DTAXANE INJECTION
Expert advice for DTAXANE INJECTION
- Before docetaxel is administered to you, ensure that all the blood tests and liver-function tests have been adequately performed.
- Inform your doctor before taking docetaxel if you suffer from alcohol dependence or liver impairment as this medicine contains alcohol (ethanol).
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may cause dizziness.
- Consult your doctor if you intend to have a child during and 6 months after docetaxel treatment, as it may affect fertility.
- Inform your doctor before taking docetaxel if you have heart, kidney or liver problems, abnormal liver function, swelling or fluid retention in the body, weakened immune system, infections, problems with bone-marrow, low platelet or white blood cell count, or if you have previously received radiation therapy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.