Information about Docetaxel
How Docetaxel works
Docetaxel is an anticancer medication. It works by interfering with the microtubule structures which help the cancer cells to divide and multiply. This slows the growth of cancer cells and eventually kills them.
Common side effects of Docetaxel
Skin reaction, Nausea, Vomiting, Low blood platelets, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Hair loss, Diarrhea, Infection, Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells, and platelets), Constipation, Loss of appetite, Nail disorder, Edema (swelling), Weakness, Febrile neutropenia, Hypersensitivity, Taste change, Breathlessness, Weight loss, Pain, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Muscle pain
Available Medicine for Docetaxel
DaxotelFresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd
₹3819 to ₹161173 variant(s)
DoceaqualipIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹5178 to ₹207102 variant(s)
DocetereDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹28 to ₹153786 variant(s)
TaxotereEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹5529 to ₹211112 variant(s)
DoceteroHetero Drugs Ltd
₹3200 to ₹140003 variant(s)
TaxocareIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹3042 to ₹115663 variant(s)
DocezapZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹3238 to ₹137613 variant(s)
DocetrustPanacea Biotec Ltd
₹3626 to ₹133593 variant(s)
DocetecUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹3696 to ₹152903 variant(s)
StridotereMylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹3702 to ₹149703 variant(s)
Expert advice for Docetaxel
- Docetaxel is an anti-cancer medication used for the treatment of breast cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, prostate cancer and cancers of head and neck.
- It is given as an intravenous (IV) injection into your vein, usually over 1 hour and every three weeks.
- Do not take Docetaxel if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Use reliable methods of contraception to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your blood cells and liver function during treatment with this medicine.
- It may cause side effects such as swelling of hands, lips, and weight gain. To reduce these side effects your doctor may suggest some medication along with this medicine called Corticosteroids.
- Inform your doctor if you notice unexplained bruising or bleeding, sore throat, mouth ulcers, high temperature (fever) or other signs of infection.