Information about Tofisopam
Tofisopam is used in the treatment of anxiety.
How tofisopam works
Tofisopam is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of GABA, a chemical messenger which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of tofisopam
Nausea, Blurred vision, Dry mouth, Epigastric pain, Dizziness, Skin rash, Hyperactivity
Available Medicine for Tofisopam
- ₹115 to ₹210Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹120 to ₹217Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tofisopam
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of Tofisopam is very high.
- If you are taking Tofisopam for the treatment of insomnia and anxiety, it should not be used more than 4 weeks.
- It may become less effective over the time.
- Avoid driving or operating dangerous machinery as it may decrease alertness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Tofisopam, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.