Information about Tofisopam
Tofisopam is used in the treatment of depression.
How Tofisopam works
Tofisopam is a benzodiazepine. It works by increasing the action of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Tofisopam
Constipation, Headache, Loss of appetite, Nausea, Allergic reaction, Muscle pain
Available Medicine for Tofisopam
ToficalmSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹135 to ₹2302 variant(s)
NextrilTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹159 to ₹2612 variant(s)
TolrinaArinna Lifescience Pvt Ltd
₹153 to ₹1872 variant(s)
TofisernConsern Pharma Limited
₹145 to ₹2552 variant(s)
₹145 to ₹2302 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tofisopam
- The addiction / habit-forming potential of this medicine is very high. Take it only as per the dose and duration advised by your doctor
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may increase dizziness and drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as that may lead to nausea, anxiety, agitation, flu-like symptoms, sweating, tremor, and confusion.