food interaction for DOXUTEC
alcohol interaction for DOXUTEC
pregnancy interaction for DOXUTEC
lactation interaction for DOXUTEC
Avoid Doxutec 10mg injection with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DOXUTEC
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR DOXUTEC
- ADRIM 10MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Fresenius Kabi India Pvt LtdRs. 42.86/ML of injectionRs. 214.28pay 26% more per ML of injection
- DUXOCIN 10MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 19.09/ML of injectionRs. 190.94save 44% more per ML of injection
- LYPHIDOX 10MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 198.91/injectionRs. 198.91pay 485% more per injection
- DOXORUBICIN 10MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 116.66/injectionRs. 116.66pay 243% more per injection
- ZODOX 10MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 196.19/injectionRs. 196.19pay 477% more per injection
Expert advice FOR DOXUTEC
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow.
- Inform your doctor if you have received doxorubicin or any other anthracycline as anti-cancer therapy or radiation to the upper body.
- You may need to perform blood count, heart/kidney/liver function tests before therapy.
- Take precaution while taking doxorubicin as you may develop infection and bleeding episodes.
- This therapy may cause damage to heart muscle or heart failure, the risk is more if radiation was used as treatment before for upper body.
- Doxorubicin therapy causes high levels of uric acid in blood, also urine may turn red on therapy and this is not a sign of any damage.
- Live or attenuated vaccines (like polio, malaria) should not be taken during therapy and contact with persons who receive them must be avoided.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should be counselled about the toxic effect of this drug on babies. They should use two effective methods of contraception while on this therapy and 6 months after stopping it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months post it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as doxorubicin may cause nausea and vomiting.
Frequently asked questions FOR DOXUTEC
Q. How does doxorubicin work?
Doxorubicin is anti-cancer or antineoplastic chemotherapy drug that belongs to a class of medication called anthracyclines. It slows down or stops the growth of cancer cells by interfering with DNA of the cancer cell
Q. Is doxorubicin a vesicant?
Yes doxorubicin is a vesicant (irritant).