Information about Doxorubicin (Plain)
Doxorubicin (Plain) Uses
Doxorubicin (Plain) is used in the treatment of blood cancer.
How Doxorubicin (Plain) works
Doxorubicin (Plain) is an anti-cancer medication. It works by suppressing the activity of an enzyme (topoisomerase II) involved in DNA multiplication of the cancer cells. It also forms harmful chemicals (free radicals) which cause DNA damage. This slows the growth of cancer cells and eventually kills them.
Common side effects of Doxorubicin (Plain)
Increased bleeding tendency, Vomiting, Hair loss, Decreased appetite, Nail disorder, Increased thirst, Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeats), Mouth sore, Stomach pain, Eye disorder, Allergic reaction, Nausea
Available Medicine for Doxorubicin (Plain)
AdrimFresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd
₹214 to ₹8742 variant(s)
₹174 to ₹8744 variant(s)
DoxoteroHetero Drugs Ltd
₹151 to ₹6862 variant(s)
DuxocinBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹218 to ₹8942 variant(s)
DoxilydCelon Laboratories Ltd
₹119 to ₹5232 variant(s)
DoxorubinKhandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹130 to ₹6542 variant(s)
DoxorexSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹128 to ₹2622 variant(s)
ZodoxIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹196 to ₹8742 variant(s)
DoxutecUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹172 to ₹7492 variant(s)
PiglitEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Doxorubicin (Plain)
- Doxorubicin (Plain) is given as an injection into the vein under the supervision of a doctor.
- Do not skip any dose and complete the course as suggested by your doctor.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your electrolyte levels, liver function, blood cell count in your blood.
- Inform your doctor if you experience fever, chills, shortness of breath and swelling of face or lips.