Medicine Overview of Daunotec Injection
Daunotec 20mg Injection is used in the treatment of blood cancer
Nausea, Vomiting, Reduced blood platelets, Ulcer, Infection, Abdominal pain, Loss of appetite, Decreased white blood cell count, Hair loss, Fever, Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells, and platelets), Fatigue, Anemia, Chills, Diarrhoea, Mucosal inflammation, Febrile neutropenia, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Breathing difficulty.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Daunotec 20mg injection is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Daunotec Injection
- You must undergo careful examination of functioning of the heart as daunorubicin is known to cause life-threatening heart problems due to damage to heart muscles (myocardium).
- Daunorubicin should be used cautiously is elderly, children, and patients with high blood pressure (manifest arterial hypertension) due to increased risk of developing heart complications.
- You may be frequently examined for complete blood-count (blood cells, proteins, hemoglobin), kidney, liver and heart function before and during the course of treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you have had, have an ongoing or scheduled radiation therapy or X-ray of the chest area. Daunorubicin increases the risk of reactions at the site of radiation therapy (or risk of heart problem if the chest area is involved) and should be used cautiously.
- You should be monitored for worsening of infections and development of life-threatening infections (e.g. viral infections like herpes zoster) as daunorubicin is known to suppress the activity of the immune system.
- Liposomal preparation of daunorubicin is not recommended for use in children <18 years.
- Before starting daunorubicin treatment, make sure that you are free from any side effects of previous chemotherapy (inflammation of the mouth, abnormal blood cell counts and generalized infections).
- Both partners should take extreme care to avoid pregnancy while on daunorubicin therapy and consult your doctor if you get to know that you are pregnant.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Daunotec 20mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Daunotec 20mg Injection is usafe to use during lactation.
ata suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breast feeding is not advisable.
Daunotec 20mg Injection may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Daunotec 20mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Daunotec 20mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Daunotec 20mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Daunotec 20mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Daunotec 20mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Daunotec 20mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
Frequently asked questions for Daunotec 20mg Injection
Yes. Daunotec is a vesicant (irritant) and can cause severe tissue damage upon extravasation (leaking of injected Daunotec into the surrounding tissues from the site of administration) when injected
Daunotec is used in combination with other cancer medications to subside the progression of cancers of the white blood cell (acute myeloid and acute lymphocytic leukemia). Liposomal formulation of Daunotec is used for the treatment of Kaposi's sarcoma (a type of cancer that causes patches of abnormal tissue to grow under the skin) in patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection
Daunotec comes as a solution or powder to be added to fluid and injected into a vein (intravenous) along with other chemotherapy medications by a doctor who is experienced in giving chemotherapy medications for cancer in a hospital or a clinic
The frequency and duration of Daunotec treatment depends on the other chemotherapy medications you are taking, how well your body responds to them, and the type of cancer you have
Daunotec is an anti-cancer drug which belongs to the class, anthracycline cytotoxic antibiotics. The exact mechanism for its clinical effects is not clear; however multiple mechanisms directly interfering with important DNA processes and cell division are thought to be responsible for slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells.
User Submitted Feedback For Daunotec 20mg Injection
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Daunotec 20mg Injection. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Daunotec 20mg Injection: SAT, LHA, AAR, 9T9, NVL, RSA, BLP, OLT, AYU, RSS, KHH, DPP, OHM, OIP, MMS, HBV, AGT, BIO, DFP, SJP, BSN, HIP, STA, JMJ, NWP, DEL, SSA, LCC, ADT, ATL, MPC, OWP, HEX, IPL, PEN, GNC, HGI, BTM, USF, RPP, ATP, PLT, RJH, DYG, SWA, RUS, RHW, EQN, PTS, PNT, BDN, RKS, MAK, SBL, NDP, ZVP, MAX, GTC, ENP, FGH, GPT, SBA, EMB, DLP, MOM, AAY, DDR, SHM, SHP, SAF, GTK, JIV, PSP, WSI