Medicine Overview of Dacarzine Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Decreased white blood cell count, Loss of appetite.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Dacarzine 200mg Injection is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Dacarzine Injection
- Dacarbazine injection must be given under the supervision of a doctor who is experienced in giving chemotherapy medications for cancer.
- You should not eat anything for 4 to 6 hours before taking dacarbazine injection. This may help prevent severe nausea or vomiting.
- Dacarbazine may make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Avoid any unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight and wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Dacarbazine can cause a severe decrease in the number of blood cells in your bone marrow increasing the risk of developing serious infection or bleeding. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms, such as, fever, sore throat, ongoing cough and congestion, or other signs of infection; unusual bleeding or bruising.
- Dacarbazine may cause serious or life-threatening liver damage. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms, such as nausea, extreme tiredness, unusual bleeding or bruising, lack of energy, loss of appetite, pain in the upper right part of the stomach, or yellowing of the skin or eyes.
- It is advisable for men undergoing dacarbazine treatment to take contraceptive measures during and for 6 months after termination of therapy.
- Do not drink alcohol while on dacarbazine treatment.
- Do not drive or operate machines while using dacarbazine.
Dacarzine Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Dacarzine 200mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Dacarzine 200mg Injection is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Dacarzine 200mg Injection may influence the ability to drive because of its central nervous system side effects.
Dacarzine 200mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Dacarzine 200mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Dacarzine 200mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Dacarzine 200mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Dacarzine 200mg Injection, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Dacarzine Injection
Dacarzine is administered as infusion or injection. Absorption by mouth is slow and varies therefore intravenous (infusion or injection) administration is preferred
Dacarzine is a potent vesicant (it is corrosive), and it should be carefully administered to avoid the risk of extravasation (leaking into the tissues)
Dacarzine is used to treat skin cancer that has spread to other parts of the body (malignant melanoma), cancer of the white blood cell (Hodgkin's lymphoma) and advanced adult soft tissue sarcomas (cancer of soft tissues such as muscles, tendons, fat, and blood vessels)
Dacarzine is effective if taken at recommended dosage and duration as advised by your doctor
Yes. Hair loss is a common side effect of Dacarzine.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Dacarzine 200mg Injection: VRS, KAL, INC, MAM, MAX, NDP, OIP, GHR, BGS, TRP, SBA, ARD, HPC, MBP, GPT, ZEL, 4IT, SRG, AWS, RSS, JIV, NTB, EPS, RPP, NNP, PVP, RDH, EMB, OHM, RHL, SVH, BLS, BTM, STA, DYG, IAD, QTM, PMA, BDN, ANT, BMJ, GBL, DGN, KIS, JBT, GTK, PWN, UBL, JVO, SYN, AYM, TFP, PTI, RSA, TSS, MAP, RJH, SJP, RKS, BAL, ADT, VJS, BHM, HBV, P2P, PEN, DPP, NVL, HSP, NWP, BHS, RPI, FGH, 9T9, AYU, RWP, MDH, KHH, AAR, VDH, AAY, MMS, ZPR, BSN, DPL, SPD, PRN, NAS, DVH, 9MM, CHP, LCC, SVS, HTS, ABP, MPC, RHW, AVS, OLT, HEX, LHA, HNP, TOM, BBS, IPL, DHR, USF, BIO, PLT, HAT, GNC, ZVP, DFP, SAF, SGH, SBL, BLE, SGC, JHC, SHD, EQN, SMN, CLT, EVP, RDR, JVN, SWA, DZY, UMP, NXG, RUS, TNH, HIP, PNT, SDM, MDO, QLF, KMC, DAO, HMP, GTC, GPP, BHP, AMR, AGT, SLN, HGI, MSD, BAP, WHL, PPR, ESY, LMS, JSL, KHC, SCH, WSI, THP, ATP, MAK, HZF, ENP, DHP, SWP, MLC, VNS, ATL, OWP, NVY, SSA, SHC