Information about Dacarbazine
How dacarbazine works
Dacarbazine is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects of dacarbazine
Nausea, Vomiting, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Decreased white blood cell count, Loss of appetite
Available Medicine for Dacarbazine
- ₹250 to ₹900Celon Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹655 to ₹1232Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹407 to ₹920Alkem Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹476 to ₹966Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹270 to ₹990Vhb Life Sciences Inc3 variant(s)
- ₹310 to ₹1000Miracalus Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹476United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1390Health Biotech Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹373Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹410Taj Pharma India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dacarbazine
- Dacarbazine injection must be given under the supervision of a doctor who is experienced in giving chemotherapy medications for cancer.
- You should not eat anything for 4 to 6 hours before taking dacarbazine injection. This may help prevent severe nausea or vomiting.
- Dacarbazine may make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Avoid any unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight and wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Dacarbazine can cause a severe decrease in the number of blood cells in your bone marrow increasing the risk of developing serious infection or bleeding. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms, such as, fever, sore throat, ongoing cough and congestion, or other signs of infection; unusual bleeding or bruising.
- Dacarbazine may cause serious or life-threatening liver damage. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms, such as nausea, extreme tiredness, unusual bleeding or bruising, lack of energy, loss of appetite, pain in the upper right part of the stomach, or yellowing of the skin or eyes.
- It is advisable for men undergoing dacarbazine treatment to take contraceptive measures during and for 6 months after termination of therapy.
- Do not drink alcohol while on dacarbazine treatment.
- Do not drive or operate machines while using dacarbazine.
Frequently asked questions for Dacarbazine
Q. How is Dacarbazine administered/ how is Dacarbazine given/ why is Dacarbazine given as an infusion?
Dacarbazine is administered as infusion or injection. Absorption by mouth is slow and varies therefore intravenous (infusion or injection) administration is preferred
Q. Is Dacarbazine a vesicant?
Dacarbazine is a potent vesicant (it is corrosive), and it should be carefully administered to avoid the risk of extravasation (leaking into the tissues)
Q. What is Dacarbazine used for?
Dacarbazine is used to treat skin cancer that has spread to other parts of the body (malignant melanoma), cancer of the white blood cell (Hodgkin's lymphoma) and advanced adult soft tissue sarcomas (cancer of soft tissues such as muscles, tendons, fat, and blood vessels)
Q. Does Dacarbazine work/ how effective is Dacarbazine?
Dacarbazine is effective if taken at recommended dosage and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does Dacarbazine cause hair loss?
Yes. Hair loss is a common side effect of Dacarbazine.