Medicine Overview of Dacarba Injection
Side effects of Dacarba Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Anemia, Decreased white blood cell count, Loss of appetite.
How to use Dacarba Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Dacarba Injection works
Dacarba 200mg injection is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Dacarba Injection
Expert advice for Dacarba Injection
- Dacarbazine injection must be given under the supervision of a doctor who is experienced in giving chemotherapy medications for cancer.
- You should not eat anything for 4 to 6 hours before taking dacarbazine injection. This may help prevent severe nausea or vomiting.
- Dacarbazine may make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Avoid any unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight and wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Dacarbazine can cause a severe decrease in the number of blood cells in your bone marrow increasing the risk of developing serious infection or bleeding. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms, such as, fever, sore throat, ongoing cough and congestion, or other signs of infection; unusual bleeding or bruising.
- Dacarbazine may cause serious or life-threatening liver damage. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms, such as nausea, extreme tiredness, unusual bleeding or bruising, lack of energy, loss of appetite, pain in the upper right part of the stomach, or yellowing of the skin or eyes.
- It is advisable for men undergoing dacarbazine treatment to take contraceptive measures during and for 6 months after termination of therapy.
- Do not drink alcohol while on dacarbazine treatment.
- Do not drive or operate machines while using dacarbazine.
Special precautions for Dacarba 200mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Dacarba 200mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Dacarba 200mg Injection is probably usafe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Dacarba 200mg Injection may influence the ability to drive because of its central nervous system side effects....
Dacarba 200mg Injection may influence the ability to drive because of its central nervous system side effects.
Dacarba 200mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Dacarba 200mg Injection is recommended.+more
Caution should be advised in patients with combined renal and hepatic impairment....
Caution should be advised in patients with combined renal and hepatic impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Dacarbazine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Dacarba 200mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Dacarbazine
Dacarba is administered as infusion or injection. Absorption by mouth is slow and varies therefore intravenous (infusion or injection) administration is preferred
Dacarba is a potent vesicant (it is corrosive), and it should be carefully administered to avoid the risk of extravasation (leaking into the tissues)
Dacarba is used to treat skin cancer that has spread to other parts of the body (malignant melanoma), cancer of the white blood cell (Hodgkin's lymphoma) and advanced adult soft tissue sarcomas (cancer of soft tissues such as muscles, tendons, fat, and blood vessels)
Dacarba is effective if taken at recommended dosage and duration as advised by your doctor
Yes. Hair loss is a common side effect of Dacarba.
Substitutes for Dacarba Injection
Dacarex 200mg Injection
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
₹24.96/ml of Injection
Dacarzine 200mg Injection
Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Dabaz 200mg Powder for Injection
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹311.9/Powder for Injection
Celdaz 200mg Injection
Celon Laboratories Ltd
Decarex 200mg Injection
Alkem Laboratories Ltd