food interaction for CORTISUM
alcohol interaction for CORTISUM
pregnancy interaction for CORTISUM
lactation interaction for CORTISUM
medicine interaction for CORTISUM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CORTISUM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CORTISUM
- PRIMACORT 100MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 3.64/ML of injectionRs. 36.36save 72% more per ML of injection
- LYCORTIN S INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 43.50/injectionRs. 43.50pay 231% more per injection
- CORT S 100MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 18/ML of injectionRs. 36pay 37% more per ML of injection
- ACUCORT 100MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 8.61/ML of injectionRs. 43.05save 34% more per ML of injection
- HYDROLIN 100MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 41.32/injectionRs. 41.32pay 215% more per injection
Expert advice FOR CORTISUM
- if you are allergic to hydrocortisone or any of the other ingredients in this medicine.
- on broken or infected skin.
- on the face or near your eyes.
- on the anal or genital areas.
- if you are pregnant.
Frequently asked questions FOR CORTISUM
Q. Is hydrocortisone safe?
Hydrocortisone belongs to a class of medications called corticosteroids. Hydrocortisone is safe when used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is hydrocortisone same as cortisone, cort stim, cort s?
Cort s is proprietary (brand) name of hydrocortisone injection. Cortisone is other name of hydrocortisone. Cort stim is contracted (short) form for cortisol stimulation test
Q. Is hydrocortisone good for ringworm, cold sores, haemorrhoids, scars or burns?
No. Hydrocortisone is contraindicated in any condition where the skin is infected or inflamed
Q. Does hydrocortisone help in eczema, acne, hives, dry skin and thrush?
Hydrocortisone relieves the itching associated with eczema and local swelling and itching associated with hives. It should not be used in acne, dry skin and thrush
Q. Can I take ibuprofen, Tylenol or Benadryl with hydrocortisone?
NSAIDs like ibuprofen, Tylenol (acetaminophen), Benadryl (paracetamol, diphenhydramine, and phenylephrine) should not be taken if hydrocortisone is being taken orally. There is however little chance of interaction between hydrocortisone for local application and other drugs which are taken orally. Always follow the advice of the doctor regarding use of hydrocortisone ointment/cream and other medications.