Information about Hydrocortisone
Hydrocortisone is used in the treatment of severe allergic reactions, allergic conditions, cancer, skin disorders and eye disorders.
How hydrocortisone works
Hydrocortisone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of hydrocortisone
Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Increased risk of infection, Weight gain, Mood changes
Available Medicine for Hydrocortisone
- ₹38 to ₹143Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹145Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹37Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹713 to ₹785Cipla Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹225Ipca Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹37Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹97Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹102 to ₹218Yash Pharma Laboratories Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹197Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Hydrocortisone
- Hydrocortisone helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Hydrocortisone can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Hydrocortisone. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Hydrocortisone suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.