Information about Hydrocortisone
How Hydrocortisone works
Hydrocortisone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of Hydrocortisone
Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Increased risk of infection, Weight gain, Mood changes
Available Medicine for Hydrocortisone
PrimacortMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹40 to ₹1423 variant(s)
HisoneSamarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹31 to ₹1443 variant(s)
Lycortin SHetero Drugs Ltd
HekortinHetero Drugs Ltd
₹713 to ₹8635 variant(s)
CutisoftIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹90 to ₹2253 variant(s)
Cort SNeon Laboratories Ltd
LycorMicro Labs Ltd
TendroneYash Pharma Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹113 to ₹2393 variant(s)
AcucortMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹39 to ₹1963 variant(s)
Expert advice for Hydrocortisone
- Hydrocortisone helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Hydrocortisone can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Hydrocortisone. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Hydrocortisone suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.