food interaction for CORDIL
alcohol interaction for CORDIL
pregnancy interaction for CORDIL
lactation interaction for CORDIL
medicine interaction for CORDIL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CORDIL
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR CORDIL 5 MG TABLET
Patients taking CORDIL 5 MG TABLET
- 57%Twice A Day
- 43%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR CORDIL
- SORBITRATE 5 MG TABLET(50 tablets in bottle)Abbott India LtdRs. 0.75/tabletRs. 37.27save 93% more per tablet
- ISORDIL 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 0.84/tabletRs. 8.40save 92% more per tablet
- ISOSORBIDE 5MG TABLET(50 tablets in bottle)Jan AushadhiRs. 0.63/tabletRs. 31.50save 94% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR CORDIL
- You are allergic to isosorbide dinitrate, other nitrates or any of the other ingredients.
- You suffer from anemia (reduction in red blood cells).
- You have had a heart attack (myocardial infarction).
- You have had a brain hemorrhage (bleeding) or a head injury (trauma).
- You have a low blood volume (hypovolemia) or very low blood pressure.
- You take sildenafil (“Viagra”) avanafil, riociguat, tadalafil, or vardenafil or any other phosphodiesterase inhibitor.
- You have hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid gland which can cause tiredness or weight gain).
- You are malnourished (severely underfed).
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You have been diagnosed with any of the severe heart disease.
- You are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR CORDIL
Q. What is isosorbide dinitrate/what is isosorbide dinitrate used for/what is isosorbide dinitrate used to treat/ what does isosorbide dinitrate do/why is isosorbide dinitrate prescribed?
Isosorbide dinitrate is used to prevent and treat angina pectoris. It is used as an adjunctive treatment in severe acute or chronic congestive cardiac failure
Q. How does isosorbide dinitrate work/ is isosorbide dinitrate a beta blocker?
Isosorbide dinitrate belongs to a group of medicines called organic nitrates. Organic nitrates work by widening the blood vessels in your heart to allow an increased amount of blood to flow to areas which need it. It is not a beta blocker but a vasodilator
Q. Does isosorbide dinitrate lower heart rate?
No, it does not lower heart rate as other beta blockers, instead it widens the blood vessels in your heart
Q. How is isosorbide dinitrate supplied?
Isosorbide dinitrate is available as per your doctor’s prescription
Q. Can isosorbide dinitrate be crushed/can isosorbide dinitrate be split?
Isosorbid dinitrate tablets come in different forms with different method of administration. For example, sublingual tablets should not be chewed, crushed, or swallowed. On the other hand the extended-release tablet or capsule should be swallowed whole. Do not split, crush, or chew it. Always follow your doctor’s advice before taking these tablets or capsule
Q. What does isosorbide dinitrate look like?
Isosorbide dinitrate is mostly available as circular, flat bevelled-edge uncoated; colors may vary for different brands.