food interaction for COMBISURE
alcohol interaction for COMBISURE
pregnancy interaction for COMBISURE
lactation interaction for COMBISURE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for COMBISURE
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for COMBISURE
- MAXIFLO 6MCG/250MCG INHALER(120 MDI inhaler in packet)Cipla LtdRs. 4.25/MDI of inhalerRs. 510save 99% more per MDI of inhaler
- COMBIHALE FF 6 MCG/250 MCG INHALER(120 MDI inhaler in packet)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 4.70/MDI of inhalerRs. 564save 99% more per MDI of inhaler
- AVESSA 6MCG/250MCG INHALER(1 inhaler in packet)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 479/inhalerRs. 479pay 9% more per inhaler
- FORMOSONE 6MCG/250MCG INHALER(120 MDI inhaler in packet)Zydus CadilaRs. 4.15/MDI of inhalerRs. 498save 99% more per MDI of inhaler
- AIRTEC FF 6 MCG/250 MCG INHALER(150 MDI inhaler in packet)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.10/MDI of inhalerRs. 464.46save 99% more per MDI of inhaler
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for COMBISURE
- Do not use formoterol inhalation to treat an asthma attack that has already begun.
- Do not use this drug, if you are allergic to formoterol.
- Never place a capsule in the mouthpiece of the inhaler.
- Consult your doctor before taking formoterol, If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
- It should be taken as an inhaler or nebulizer after clearly following instructions of the doctor and the instructions given in the patient information leaflet in the medication box.
Frequently asked questions for COMBISURE
Q.Is formoterol a steroid?
Formoterol belongs to a class of medication called long acting beta agonists. It is not a steroid; however it is available in combination with steroids as an inhaler
Q.How long does it take to work and how long does it stay in the body?
Formoterol works best if taken before exercising or heavy work and another dose should not be taken in the next 12 hours. It is a long acting drug which is known to be effective for 12 hours in the body
Q.How does formoterol work?
Formoterol belongs to a class of medication called long acting beta agonists. It helps in relaxing the muscles of the air passages, thus widening it and making it easier to breathe
Q.What form does formoterol come in?
Formoterol comes as a powder filled capsule for inhaler and a solution for nebulizer use
Q.What is formoterol fumarate/formoterol fumarate dihydrate/formoterol and budesonide/formoterol and advair?
Formoterol fumarate and formoterol fumerate dihydrate are different formulations of formoterol. Budesonide is a steroid which may be prescribed by the doctor along with formoterol. Advair is another long acting beta agonist which is the brand name for salmeterol and fluticasone
Q.Is formoterol safe?
Formoterol is safe when taken as per the directions of the doctor
Q.is formoterol banned?
Formoterol is not banned
Q.Does formoterol cause weight gain?
There are no studies showing that formoterol causes weight gain
Q.Does formoterol cause death/asthma-related death?
Formoterol may increase risk of asthma-related death. It depends on the condition and co-morbidities and is individual response.
Q.Is fluticasone an antibiotic/steroid/anti-histaminic/anti-cholinergic drug?
Fluticasone is a steroid but not an antibiotic/anti-histaminic/anti-cholinerhic/decongestant drug.It is used to treat nasal congestion (decongestant) and other symptoms caused by allergies or conditions like asthma
Q.Does it contain sulfa?
It does not contain sulfa
Q.Is fluticasone available over the counter?
No. Fluticasone is a prescription drug. It is not available over the counter
Q.Is Fluticasone the same as Nasonex/Flonase?
Fluticasone is also available in the branded form as Flonase nasal spray
Q.Does it contain acetaminophen?
However, Nasonex consists of another drug called Mometasone also used for treating nasal allergies. Acetaaminofen is a different medication
Q.What is used for?
Fluticasone (in the form of inhaler) is used to treat symptoms of asthma and nasal inflammation such as coughing, wheezing, blocked nose, runny nose
Q.Is fluticasone used for cold?
It is also used as topical cream to treat various skin allergies and infections. It is not used for common cold
Q.Can I take fluticasone with Benadryl/Sudafed/Zyrtec/ Afrin/Allegra/Mucinex?
Yes. Fluticasone may be taken with Benadryl (diphenhydramine)/Sudafed (pseudoephedrine)/Zyrtec (cetrizine)/ Afrin (oxymetazoline)/Allegra (fexofenadine)/Mucinex (guaifenesin) if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Does fluticasone propionate cause weight gain/drowsiness/ wakefulness?
Fluticasone may cause weight gain since it is a steroid drug. It may cause drowsiness or wakefulness. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.Is fluticasone addictive?
No. Fluticasone is not an addictive or a controlled/banned substance
Q.Dose fluticasone cause nose bleeds?
Yes. The most common and expected side-effect of fluticasone nasal spray/inhaler is nose bleeding. If your bleeding is more or does not stop, please consult your doctor
Q.Can I take fluticasone if I have high blood pressure?
It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking fluticasone if you have high blood pressure.