Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Information about Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate Uses
How Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate works
Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate is a combination of two medicines: Formoterol and Fluticasone Propionate. Formoterol is a long-acting bronchodilator which works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens the airways. Fluticasone Propionate is a steroid. It works by stopping the release of certain chemical messengers that cause inflammation (swelling) of the airways. Together, they make breathing easier.
Common side effects of Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Nausea, Vomiting, Respiratory tract infection, Fungal infection of mouth, Headache, Hoarseness of voice, Sore throat, Cough, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Increased heart rate
Available Medicine for Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate
₹173 to ₹7957 variant(s)
Combihale FFDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹231 to ₹9055 variant(s)
₹115 to ₹6876 variant(s)
AvessaSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹139 to ₹6425 variant(s)
Fluticort FMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹167 to ₹5744 variant(s)
Digihaler FFGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹509 to ₹6092 variant(s)
Quikhale FFIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹307 to ₹5342 variant(s)
IbifloIndiabulls pharmaceutical ltd
₹260 to ₹6343 variant(s)
CombisureSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹353 to ₹4372 variant(s)
₹305 to ₹4102 variant(s)
Expert advice for Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate
- Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate is a combination of two medicines that opens the airways and makes it easier to breathe.
- This medicine is for inhalation only. The tablet should not be swallowed.
- It should be taken at the same time each day.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Take the first dose of this medicine under medical supervision as it may cause wheezing or tightening of the airways (bronchospasm) immediately after using.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood potassium level as low oxygen level in the blood (hypoxia) and medicines such as Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate can lower blood potassium level.
- Only miniscule amounts of Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects are unlikely.