Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Information about Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate
Formoterol + fluticasone propionate uses
Formoterol+Fluticasone Propionate is used in the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
How formoterol + fluticasone propionate works
This is a combination of two medicines: Formoterol and Fluticasone Propionate. Formoterol is a long-acting bronchodilator which works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens the airways. Fluticasone Propionate is a steroid. It works by stopping the release of certain chemical messengers that cause inflammation (swelling) of the airways. Together, they make breathing easier.
Common side effects of formoterol + fluticasone propionate
Nausea, Vomiting, Respiratory tract infection, Fungal infection of mouth, Headache, Hoarseness of voice, Sore throat, Cough, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Increased heart rate
Available Medicine for Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate
- ₹173 to ₹724Lupin Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹231 to ₹748Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹625Zydus Cadila6 variant(s)
- ₹139 to ₹585Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹167 to ₹522Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹465 to ₹558Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹282 to ₹534Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹260 to ₹634Indiabulls pharmaceutical ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹350 to ₹509Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹353 to ₹438Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate
- Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate is a combination of two medicines that opens the airways and makes it easier to breathe.
- This medicine is for inhalation only. The tablet should not be swallowed.
- It should be taken at the same time each day.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Take the first dose of this medicine under medical supervision as it may cause wheezing or tightening of the airways (bronchospasm) immediately after using.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood potassium level as low oxygen level in the blood (hypoxia) and medicines such as Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate can lower blood potassium level.
- Only miniscule amounts of Formoterol + Fluticasone Propionate may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects are unlikely.