food interaction for CLINDOXYL
alcohol interaction for CLINDOXYL
pregnancy interaction for CLINDOXYL
lactation interaction for CLINDOXYL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CLINDOXYL
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CLINDOXYL GEL
Patients taking CLINDOXYL GEL
- 65%Once A Day
- 16%Twice A Day
- 11%Thrice A Day
- 6%Thrice A week
- 2%Alternate Day
- 1%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for CLINDOXYL
- PEROCLIN 5%/1% GEL(15 GM gel in tube)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 23.33/GM of gelRs. 350save 42% more per GM of gel
- ACLIND BP 5% W/W/1% W/W GEL(15 GM gel in tube)Mohrish PharmaceuticalsRs. 13.20/GM of gelRs. 198save 67% more per GM of gel
- Dr. Sheilly KapoorMBBS, MD
- Dr. Chiranjiv ChhabraMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Sangeeta VermaMBBS, DNB
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Nirupama ParwandaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for CLINDOXYL
- This medicine is for external use only. Always wash your hands after using benzoyl peroxide.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight or UV lamps while using benzoyl peroxide. If unavoidable, use a suitable sunscreen lotion and apply benzoyl peroxide in the evening after washing the skin.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, nose (especially mucous lining). If any accidental contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Benzoyl peroxide should not be applied to damaged skin.
- This product may bleach hair and colored fabrics including clothing, towels and bed linen. Be careful to avoid contact of the gel with these materials.
- Caution should be exercised when applying benzoyl peroxide to the neck and other sensitive areas.
- Do not stop using benzoyl peroxide if your skin condition appears to worsen for the first 2 to 3 weeks of treatment.
- Do not apply benozyl peroxide if you are allergic to benzoyl peroxide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Avoid using benozyl peroxide if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Do not apply benozyl peroxide if you are using any other acne products or medicines with peeling, irritant and drying effects.
Frequently asked questions for CLINDOXYL
Q.Does benzoyl peroxide work/ is benzoyl peroxide good for skin/pimples/acne/acne marks/ acne scars/ dark spots?
Benzoyl peroxide is effective in treating acne on face, chest or back in most of the people where the skin has a lot of blackheads, spots and pimples. It can be helpful in treating acne marks, scars and dark spots
Q.Does benzoyl peroxide darken skin/cause hyperpigmentation/peel skin/bleach skin/cause redness?
Benzoyl peroxide may cause redness, peel the skin and also bleach skin and hair. It doesn't darken the skin or cause hyperpigmentation, but it should be best to use it under a doctor's supervision
Q.Is benzoyl peroxide a BHA/an antibiotic/ retin a/salicylic acid?
Benzoyl peroxide is not a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), antibiotic, retin A or salicylic acid
Q.Is benzoyl peroxide the same as hydrogen peroxide?
No, benzoyl peroxide is different from hydrogen peroxide.
Q.Can I use clindamycin with a penicillin allergy?
Clindamycin is considered safe for use in patients with a penicillin allergy
Q.Does clindamycin treat acne scars?
Clindamycin can prevent the formation of new scars by preventing formation of new acne, but will not be useful for the scars already formed
Q.Can clindamycin cream cause thrush?
Yes. Use of clindamycin cream may cause thrush (a type of fungal or yeast infection) in rare cases.