food interaction for CLINCITOP 1% W/W GEL
alcohol interaction for CLINCITOP 1% W/W GEL
pregnancy interaction for CLINCITOP 1% W/W GEL
lactation interaction for CLINCITOP 1% W/W GEL
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CLINCITOP 1% W/W GEL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CLINCITOP 1% W/W GEL
- CLEAR 1% GEL(20 GM gel in tube)Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLPRs. 6.25/GM of gelRs. 125pay 143% more per GM of gel
- CLINDAC A GEL(15 GM gel in tube)Galderma India Pvt LtdRs. 8.33/GM of gelRs. 125pay 225% more per GM of gel
- ZYCLIN 1% W/W NANO GEL(15 GM gel in tube)Zydus CadilaRs. 10.23/GM of gelRs. 153.40pay 298% more per GM of gel
- ACNESOL 1% W/W GEL(20 GM gel in tube)Systopic Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 3.65/GM of gelRs. 73pay 42% more per GM of gel
- D ACNE 1% W/W GEL(10 GM gel in tube)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 10.80/GM of gelRs. 108pay 321% more per GM of gel
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Sheilly KapoorMBBS, MD
- Dr. Chiranjiv ChhabraMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Pooja AggarwalMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
Expert advice for CLINCITOP 1% W/W GEL
- Discontinue use of topical clindamycin and contact your doctor immediately, if you experience diarrhea or bloody diarrhea.
- Avoid vaginal intercourse or use of other intravaginal products such as tampons or douches while using clindamycin cream.
- Clindamycin cream contains mineral oil that may weaken latex products (condoms and diaphragms) and may not provide adequate birth control. Therefore, do not use these products within 72 hours of using clindamycin cream.
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to clindamycin, lincomycin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have Crohn’s disease (a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines), antibiotic-associated colitis (colon inflammation).
Frequently asked questions for CLINCITOP 1% W/W GEL
Q.Can I use clindamycin with a penicillin allergy?
Clindamycin is considered safe for use in patients with a penicillin allergy
Q.Does clindamycin treat acne scars?
Clindamycin can prevent the formation of new scars by preventing formation of new acne, but will not be useful for the scars already formed
Q.Can clindamycin cream cause thrush?
Yes. Use of clindamycin cream may cause thrush (a type of fungal or yeast infection) in rare cases.