Medicine Overview of Cisteen Infusion
Side effects of Cisteen Infusion
Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Anemia, Reduced blood platelets, Diarrhoea, Increased liver enzymes, Peripheral sensory neuropathy, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth).
How to use Cisteen Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Cisteen Infusion works
Cisteen 50mg infusion works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Cisteen Infusion
Expert advice for Cisteen Infusion
- You must undergo hearing test prior to each treatment with cisplatin.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from any infection, nervous disorder or if you have received radiation therapy to your head.
- Special care should be taken while taking cisplatin as spillage of cisplatin in skin can cause tissue damage.
- Avoid simultaneous use of medicines (or radiation) that obstructs the bone marrow function as it can enhance the side effects of cisplatin on the bone marrow.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially for cancer, infection, recurrent fits, gout, as these medicines and cisplatin may not be safe when taken together.
- Avoid receiving any vaccine when on treatment with cisplatin.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as cisplatin may cause side effects such as feeling sleepy and/or vomiting.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Cisteen 50mg Infusion
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Cisteen 50mg Infusion is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Cisteen 50mg Infusion is probably safe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Cisteen 50mg Infusion may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Patients should not drive or operate machinery if they get affected with undesirable symptoms....
Patients should not drive or operate machinery if they get affected with undesirable symptoms.
Cisteen 50mg Infusion is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Contraindicated in patients with renal impairment....
Contraindicated in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Cisplatin, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Cisteen 50mg Infusion
Frequently asked questions for Cisplatin
Cisteen is a polar molecule
Yes, Cisteen is light sensitive and must be stored properly.
Cisteen is platinum based inorganic compound used to destroy cancer cells and also acts as radiosensitizer i.e. it increases the response to radiotherapy. It is not a vesicant, but can cause irritation and damage to the vein in which it is injected, and damage to skin and surrounding tissues if leaks during injection
Cisteen can cause hair loss, infertility, hearing loss, neuropathy, hair loss and hiccups. However it is not reported to cause weight gain
Substitutes for Cisteen Infusion
Cytoplatin 50mg Infusion
₹6.33/ml of Infusion
Slatin 50mg Infusion
Venus Remedies Ltd
₹3.15/ml of Infusion
Oncoplatin AQ 50mg Infusion
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹3.2/ml of Infusion
Platikem 50mg Infusion
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
₹4.64/ml of Infusion
Cisplat 50mg Infusion
Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹6.1/ml of Infusion