SALT INFORMATIONPropranolol(40 mg)
It is used to treat high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythm, heart disease, anxiety and uncontrolled shaking (tremors), chest pain and migraine headaches. It is also used to prevent bleeding in the stomach and food pipe in patients with swollen blood vessels due to liver disease.
How it works
Propranolol belongs to a class of medications called beta blockers. Propranolol works by blocking the action of certain natural chemicals in the body (such as epinephrine) that affect the heart and blood vessels. This effect reduces heart rate, blood pressure, and strain on the heart.
Common side effects
Altered sleep, Bradycardia, Bronchospasm, Cardiac conduction abnormalities, Decreased sexual function, Decreased libido, Shortness of breath, Fatigue, Gastrointesinal symptoms, Increased glucose level in blood, Decreased blood pressure, Ischemia
- INDERAL 40 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 2.72/tabletRs. 27.19save 8% more per tablet
- CIPLAR LA 40 MG TABLET(15 tablet in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 4.10/tabletRs. 61.50pay 38% more per tablet
- TENPOSE SR 40 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 3.50/tabletRs. 35pay 18% more per tablet
- NORTEN 40MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Baroda Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 2.62/tabletRs. 26.25save 11% more per tablet
- PROVANOL 40 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.96/tabletRs. 29.61same price
- Take propranolol at the same time each day
- Do not skip doses or stop using propranolol suddenly as it may make your condition worse.
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember; skip the missed dose if your next dose is less than 4 hours away (for short acting propranolol medication) or less than 8 hours away (for extended release propranolol).
- The medicine can cause dizziness for the first few days. Avoid driving and performing activities that require you to be alert till you know how the drug affects you
- Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase your blood levels of propranolol.
- Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
- Check your blood pressure after one week and consult your doctor if it has not improved
- Do not take Propranolol if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to propranolol hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.