food interaction for CELEMIX
alcohol interaction for CELEMIX
pregnancy interaction for CELEMIX
lactation interaction for CELEMIX
SALT INFORMATION for CELEMIX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CELEMIXNo substitutes found
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
Expert advice for CELEMIX
- Together with Sorbitol, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- Take Sorbitol after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- A Sorbitol should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Sorbitol contains sugars.
- Avoid taking a Sorbitol for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
Frequently asked questions for CELEMIX
Q.Is sorbitol safe/ safe for diabetics/bad/ affect or raise blood sugar?
Sorbitol is safe in most patients if taken at recommended dosage and duration. However, higher dosages may cause stomach cramps and diarrhea in some patients. It is generally safe to be used in diabetes but hyperglycemia (raised blood sugar) from metabolism of absorbed sorbitol may occur in some diabetic patients
Q.Does sorbitol/weight gain/headaches/bloating?
Sorbitol may cause bloating, it can cause severe side effects such as sudden weight gain in some patients
Q.Does sorbitol reduce dental caries/ cause tooth decay?
Consuming sorbitol-sweetened (sugar-free) products instead of regular ones can play an important role in reducing a person's tooth decay rate and will prevent dental carries.