food interaction for CARTINEX OD
alcohol interaction for CARTINEX OD
pregnancy interaction for CARTINEX OD
lactation interaction for CARTINEX OD
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CARTINEX OD
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CARTINEX ODNo substitutes found
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for CARTINEX OD
- Ranolazine should not be taken to treat sudden attack of chest pain (angina). Your doctor will advise you the exact treatment if you experience an attack of chest pain (angina).
- Do not stop taking ranolazine without talking to your doctor.
- Ranolazine may make you dizzy and lightheaded. Do not drive a car, operate machinery, or participate in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination until you know how this medication affects you.
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
- If you are allergic to any ingredient in ranolazine.
- If you have liver cirrhosis; moderate or severe liver problems.
- If you have severe kidney problems.
- If you have ever had an abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG).
- If you are elderly.
- If you have low weight.
- If you have heart failure.
Frequently asked questions for CARTINEX OD
Q.Is ranolazine generic?
Ranolazine is a generic drug and it is available in different brand names (Ranolaz, Ranexa)
Q.Is ranolazine a blood thinner?
Ranolazine belongs to class of medication called antianginals. It is not a blood thinner
Q.Does ranolazine decrease mortality?
Ranolazine is used for treatment of angina (chest pain) and it reduces the risk of mortality.