Medicine Overview of Carpine Injection
Uses of Carpine Injection
Carpine 0.5% Injection is used in the treatment of Dry mouth after radiotherapy of head and neck cancer.
Side effects of Carpine Injection
Headache, Sweating, Frequent urge to urinate, Flu-like symptoms.
How to use Carpine Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Carpine Injection works
Carpine 0.5% injection works by increasing the secretion of saliva in the mouth.
In Depth Information on Carpine Injection
Expert advice for Carpine Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have eye inflammation, suffer from asthma, liver, kidney or heart diseases, Parkinson’s disease, stomach ulcer, have problems in passing urine, high blood pressure, narrow angle glaucoma (increased eyeball pressure due to obstruction to the outflow of fluid).
- Drink sufficient water to reduce dehydration due to excessive sweating caused by pilocarpine.
- The back layer of your eye (fundus) may be examined before starting pilocarpine therapy.
- You may be regularly monitored for visual fields and intra-ocular pressure on long term therapy with pilocarpine for glaucoma.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as pilocarpine causes dizziness and blurring of vision especially in the night.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Special precautions for Carpine 0.5% Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Carpine 0.5% Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Carpine 0.5% Injection is safe to use during lactation. Hum+more
an studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Carpine 0.5% Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is limited information available on the use of Carpine+more
0.5% Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Pilocarpine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Carpine 0.5% Injection
Frequently asked questions for Pilocarpine
Carpine can decrease the heart rate. However, it does not increase the heart rate
Carpine increases blood pressure. However, no clinically relevant effect on weight has been reported with the use of Carpine
Yes, Carpine helps dry eyes by increasing the production of tears
Carpine acts by increasing the activity of chemical acetylcholine, thereby, increasing the secretion from various glands including salivary glands and tear glands. Due to its cholinergic effect, it also constricts the pupil of the eye and improves the outflow of aqueous humor (fluid in within the eye) contributing to reduction in eyeball pressure
Yes, Carpine causes blurred vision. But it does not cause hair loss
Carpine decreases heart rate by increasing the effect of a chemical called as acetylcholine
Carpine lowers intraocular pressure by constricting the ciliary muscle of the eyes, therefore increasing the outflow of fluid (aqueous humor) from posterior part of the eye.
Substitutes for Carpine Injection
Pilomin 0.5% Injection
Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹19.2/ml of Injection