Medicine Overview of Asenapt Tablet
Side effects of Asenapt Tablet
Nausea, Increased saliva production, Altered taste, Weight gain, Anxiety, Dizziness, Akathisia, Sleepiness, Parkinsonism, Dystonia, Abnormal involuntary movements.
How to use Asenapt Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Asenapt 5mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Asenapt Tablet works
Asenapt 5mg tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts.
In Depth Information on Asenapt Tablet
Expert advice for Asenapt Tablet
- Do not swallow asenapine sublingual tablet, the tablet should be placed under tongue until dissolved.
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: high body temperature and muscle stiffness (neuroleptic malignant syndrome), have had abnormal tongue or face movements (tardive dyskinesia), heart disease, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, fits (epilepsy), difficulty in swallowing (dysphagia), liver problems, have thoughts of suicide, difficulty controlling core body temperature, abnormally high blood prolactin levels (hyperprolactinemia).
- Seek immediate medical advice if you faint when you get up from a sitting or lying position, sweating or having a lowered level of consciousness (neuroleptic malignant syndrome) after taking asenapine.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking asenapine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not eat or drink for 10 minutes after taking asenapine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as asenapine may cause sleepiness.
Special precautions for Asenapt 5mg Tablet
Asenapt 5mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Asenapt 5mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Asenapt 5mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Asenapt 5mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, o+more
r decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
There is limited information available on the use of Asenapt+more
5mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Zathrin Redimix Suspension
Frequently asked questions for Asenapt 5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Asenapine
Yes, Asenapt is approved by FDA
Asenapt is not narcotic, controlled substance
Asenapt is not addictive
Q. Can I take Xanax or Benadryl with Saphris?
Xanax (alprazolam) and Benadryl when taken with Saphris (asenapine) may lead to increased side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, and difficulty concentrating
Asenapt can cause weight gain.
User Submitted Feedback For Asenapt 5mg Tablet
Patients taking Asenapt 5mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Asenapt 5mg Tablet: Health Arx Technologies Private Limited, Amishi Consumer Technologies P Ltd, Organic India Private Limited, Delhi Cryogenic Products Pvt Ltd, First Step Digital Pvt Ltd, Gupta Homoeo Pharmacy Pvt Ltd, Organic Wellness Products Private Limited, RK Sons, Pills Tree Super Pharmacy, Melting Pot Concepts Pvt Ltd, Zywie Ventures Pvt Ltd, Lifecare Chemist (PAN India), SBL Pvt Ltd, Satyog Enterprises Pvt Ltd, Ghantakarn International, Aashirwad Agency, Airveda Technologies Pvt Ltd, Fit and Glow Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Keshav Homeo Home, Radicura Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Perfect Nutrition, Jiva Ayurvedic Pharmacy Ltd, Sharma Traders, Bright Lifecare Pvt Ltd, Delhi Vendor, Maximaa Systems Ltd, Swadeshi Ayurved, Sri Jain Pharmacy, Inlife Pharma Pvt Ltd, Herbolab India Pvt Ltd, Ayush Enterprises, Priya Entreprises, Gallop Trading Company, Planet Ayurveda, Life aid Homeopathic and ayurvedic store, Emmbros Overseas, Makvis, Herboveda India, Rusan Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Delhi Distributors, Hexagon Nutrition Pvt. Ltd., BestSource Nutrition Private Limited, Biomed Distributors, Star medicare, DF Pharmacy Ltd, Do You Even Gym, 9 to 9 Farmacia, The Medicine Mart, Bantom Laboratories P Ltd , 9to9 Farmacia (South), Madhu Medicos, M/s R&G Healthcare (Delhi), OHMS GROUP
Substitutes for Asenapt
No substitutes found for this medicine