Medicine Overview of Asenapt Tablet
Side effects of Asenapt Tablet
Nausea, Increased saliva production, Altered taste, Weight gain, Anxiety, Dizziness, Akathisia, Sleepiness, Parkinsonism, Dystonia, Abnormal involuntary movements.
How to use Asenapt Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Asenapt 10mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Asenapt Tablet works
Asenapt 10mg tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Asenapt Tablet
Expert advice for Asenapt Tablet
- Do not swallow asenapine sublingual tablet, the tablet should be placed under tongue until dissolved.
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: high body temperature and muscle stiffness (neuroleptic malignant syndrome), have had abnormal tongue or face movements (tardive dyskinesia), heart disease, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, fits (epilepsy), difficulty in swallowing (dysphagia), liver problems, have thoughts of suicide, difficulty controlling core body temperature, abnormally high blood prolactin levels (hyperprolactinemia).
- Seek immediate medical advice if you faint when you get up from a sitting or lying position, sweating or having a lowered level of consciousness (neuroleptic malignant syndrome) after taking asenapine.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking asenapine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not eat or drink for 10 minutes after taking asenapine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as asenapine may cause sleepiness.
Special precautions for Asenapt 10mg Tablet
Asenapt 10mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Asenapt 10mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Asenapt 10mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Asenapt 10mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,+more
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Asenapt 10mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Asenapt 10mg Tablet is recommended.+more
Limited information is available on use of Asenapt 10mg Tablet in patients with end stage kidney disease....
Limited information is available on use of Asenapt 10mg Tablet in patients with end stage kidney disease.
Asenapt 10mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Asenapt 10mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Asenapt 10mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Use of Asenapt 10mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Nixitral 100mg Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Asenapt 10mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Asenapine
Yes, Asenapt is approved by FDA
Asenapt is not narcotic, controlled substance
Asenapt is not addictive
Q. Can I take Xanax or Benadryl with Saphris?
Xanax (alprazolam) and Benadryl when taken with Saphris (asenapine) may lead to increased side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, and difficulty concentrating
Asenapt can cause weight gain.
User Submitted Feedback For Asenapt 10mg Tablet
Patients taking Asenapt 10mg Tablet
Once A Day
Thrice A Day
Twice A Day
Four Times A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 4
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Asenapt 10mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Asenapt 10mg Tablet: OIP, SBL, PTS, RSS, ADT, NDP, DEL, SBA, AGT, HEX, PEN, OWP, MPC, BSN, SSA, PLT, RPP, HBV, BDN, GNC, HGI, 9T9, SHP, SJP, RUS, GPT, NWP, ENP, OHM, RKS, OLT, MMS, DYG, EQN, DLP, LCC, NVL, MAK, WSI, PNT, BIO, LHA, JIV, GTK, DDR, GTC, ATP, BTM, JMJ, KHH, SHM, PSP, SWA, DFP, ZVP, FGH, ATL, SAT, IPL, MAX, EMB, MOM, BLP, AAY, AYU, STA, DPP, USF, RJH, HIP
Substitutes for Asenapt
No substitutes found for this medicine