food interaction for ARSTATIN EZ
alcohol interaction for ARSTATIN EZ
pregnancy interaction for ARSTATIN EZ
lactation interaction for ARSTATIN EZ
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ARSTATIN EZ
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ARSTATIN EZ
- SIMVOTIN EZ 10 MG/10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 14.20/tabletRs. 142pay 18% more per tablet
- STARSTAT EZ 10MG/10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 6.99/tabletRs. 69.88save 42% more per tablet
- ZOSTAMAX 10MG/10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 8.38/tabletRs. 83.77save 30% more per tablet
Expert advice for ARSTATIN EZ
- Take Simvastatin only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Simvastatin, it may worsen the adverse effects of this medicine on the liver.
- Notify your doctor if you experience unexplained muscle pain or weakness, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Do not take Niacin with Simvastatin. Niacin may increase Simvastatin's side effects on the muscles, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Notify the doctor that you are taking this medicine before undergoing any kind of surgery.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for ARSTATIN EZ
Q.Is simvastatin a blood thinner or a beta blocker or steroid or diuretic or is it a statin or does simvastatin thin your blood?
No, simvastatin is a statin (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors
Q.Is simvastatin the same as Lipitor (atorvastatin) or Crestor (rosuvastatin) or pravastatin?
No, although it belongs to same group of medications called statins
Q.Can I take simvastatin with ibuprofen or lisinopril?
No results found for any interaction of simvastatin with ibuprofen or lisinopril, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q.Can I take antibiotics or clarithromycin or amoxicillin or erythromycin or amlodipine or aspirin with simvastatin?
No, do not take antibiotics or clarithromycin or amoxicillin or erythromycin or amlodipine or aspirin with simvastatin, because they interact with each other
Q.Does simvastatin cause hair loss or dry mouth or hair loss or constipation or diabetes or depression or it makes you high?
No. Simvastatin does not cause hair loss or dry mouth or hair loss or constipation or diabetes or depression and it is not addictive
Q.Does simvastatin cause joint pain or makes you tired?
Yes, sometimes simvastatin may cause joint pain or make you tired.
Q.Is ezetimibe a bile acid sequestrent /statin?
Ezetimibe belongs to a class of medication called as cholesterol absorption inhibitors. It is not a bile acid sequestrent or statin
Q.Is ezetimibe a generic drug / same as Ezetrol/Zetia?
Yes, ezetimibe is a generic name and Ezetrol/Zetia is the brand name of ezetimibe
Q.Is ezetimibe safe?
Ezetimibe is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.How does ezetimibe reduce cholesterol in the body?
Ezetimibe prevents the absorption of cholesterol from the intestine into the blood
Q.Does ezetimibe cause weight gain, muscle pain, cancer, lowers triglyceride, increase HDL?
Ezetimibe lowers triglyceride, increases the level of HDL in blood and has been found to reduce weight and cause muscle pain; however, cancer has not been reported.