Atorvastatin + Ezetimibe
Information about Atorvastatin + Ezetimibe
Atorvastatin + ezetimibe uses
Atorvastatin+Ezetimibe is used in the treatment of high cholesterol.
How atorvastatin + ezetimibe works
This is a combination of two medicines: Atorvastatin and ezetimibe. Atorvastatin is a lipid-lowering medicine which prevents your body from making "bad" cholesterol (LDL) while raising "good" cholesterol (HDL) levels. Ezetimibe is a cholesterol absorption inhibitor which prevents absorption of cholesterol from the intestines. Together, they provide better reduction of cholesterol in your body.
Common side effects of atorvastatin + ezetimibe
Nausea, Constipation, Stomach pain, Headache, Muscle pain, Increased liver enzymes, Increased glucose level in blood
Available Medicine for Atorvastatin + Ezetimibe
- ₹183 to ₹238Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹255 to ₹366Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹168 to ₹183Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹250 to ₹251Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹196Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹244 to ₹403Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹175Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹182Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹121 to ₹150Eris Lifesciences Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹105FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Atorvastatin + Ezetimibe
- You have been prescribed Atorvastatin + Ezetimibe for the treatment of high cholesterol.
- Take it in addition to regular exercise and low-fat diet to lower levels of fat in the blood.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Notify your doctor if you experience muscle symptoms (pain or weakness), particularly if accompanied with fever.
- Notify your doctor if you experience stomach pain, loss of hunger, a sick feeling or dark urine.