food interaction for ANTAX(SHRINIVAS)
alcohol interaction for ANTAX(SHRINIVAS)
pregnancy interaction for ANTAX(SHRINIVAS)
lactation interaction for ANTAX(SHRINIVAS)
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ANTAX(SHRINIVAS)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ANTAX(SHRINIVAS)
- TAXIM 125 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 13.61/injectionRs. 13.61pay 386% more per injection
- C TAX 125 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 13.75/injectionRs. 13.75pay 391% more per injection
- OMINAX 125MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 6.63/ML of injectionRs. 13.27pay 137% more per ML of injection
- OMINAX NEONATAL 125MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 12.77/injectionRs. 12.77pay 356% more per injection
- CEFENTRAL 125MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 2.62/ML of injectionRs. 13.10save 6% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for ANTAX(SHRINIVAS)
- Cefotaxime is usually given by a doctor or a nurse as an injection directly into the vein or muscle.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cefotaxime.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking cefotaxime and undergoing urine glucose test or Coombs test, as it may affect the result.
- Do not start or continue cefotaxime if you have a kidney problem or diabetes.
- Avoid taking cefotaximeI if you are on a controlled sodium diet because drug contain sodium.
- Do not start or continue cefotaxime if you experience a widespread rash with blisters and peeling skin (these may be signs of Stevens-Johnson syndrome) or severe skin reaction to drugs (toxic epidermal necrolysis) or severe diarrhea (pseudomembranous colitis).
- Do not take cefotaxime if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for ANTAX(SHRINIVAS)
Q.Is cefotaxime a sulfa, penicillin or broad spectrum antibiotic?
Cefotaxime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a third generation, broad spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is cefotaxime compatible with potassium and TPN?
Yes, cefotaxime can be given with potassium and TPN (total parenteral nutrition)
Q.Is cefotaxime ototoxic (toxic to the ear)?
No, cefotaxime is not an ototoxic drug when given alone, but when given along with aminoglycoside antibiotics (gentamicin, tobramycin), it may increase ototoxicity
Q.Is cefotaxime bacteriostatic or bactericidal?
Cefotaxime is a bactericidal agent
Q.What organisms does cefotaxime cover?
Cefotaxime is active against Escherichia coli, group A and B streptococci, pseudomonas and staphylococcus bacteria. In some cases, Streptococcus pneumonia may show resistance to the drug. It may not be effective against methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).