food interaction for ADENOZ
alcohol interaction for ADENOZ
pregnancy interaction for ADENOZ
lactation interaction for ADENOZ
Avoid Adenoz 6mg injection with caffeine and chocolate as well as food containing caffeine and chocolate such as tea leaves, cocoa beans.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ADENOZ
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ADENOZ
- ADENOCOR 6 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Sanofi India LtdRs. 154.78/ML of injectionRs. 309.55pay 195% more per ML of injection
- CARNOSINE 6MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 108/ML of injectionRs. 216pay 106% more per ML of injection
- ADENOJECT 6 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 129.05/ML of injectionRs. 258.10pay 146% more per ML of injection
- PSVT 6MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Molekule India Pvt LtdRs. 107.50/ML of injectionRs. 215pay 105% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
Expert advice for ADENOZ
- Inform your doctor if you have any of the following heart problems: heart attack/ failure, or heart transplant within the last year; unusual heart rhythm (atrial fibrillation or flutter), low blood volume/ narrowing of heart valves.
- Consult your doctor if you have narrowing of the main arteries in your neck (carotid arteries).
- Take precautions while taking adenosine if you have recurrent fits.
- Caution must be exercised if you have had recurrent fits or experienced difficulty in breathing and problems associated with blood pressure, urination, defecation, etc.
- You may need to monitor your condition (ECG and blood pressure) while taking adenosine.
- Avoid food or drinks that have caffeine before taking this drug.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for ADENOZ
Q.Is adenosine a hormone/an amino acid/nucleotides/beta blocker/calcium channel blocker?
Adenosine belongs to class of drugs called nucleosides. It acts by restoring the heart rhythm. It also relaxes blood vessels supplying the heart and increases blood flow, thereby relieving abnormal electrical activity due to compromised blood flow to heart
Q.Is adenosine a vasopressor/does adenosine cause vasodilation/ vasoconstriction/ bronchoconstriction?
Adenosine causes vasodilatation which may result in headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, tachycardia and flushing. It also causes bronchoconstriction resulting in breathlessness and chest discomfort
Q.Does adenosine makes you sleepy?
No. Adenosine has no effect on sleep
Q.Does adenosine cause atrial fibrillation?
Yes, adenosine can cause various types of disturbances in heart rhythm; atrial fibrillation is one of them.