Medicine Overview of Adenoz Injection
Uses of Adenoz Injection
Adenoz 6mg Injection is used in the treatment of arrhythmias.
Side effects of Adenoz Injection
Nausea, Lightheadedness, Slow heart rate, Headache, Breathlessness, Dizziness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Chest tightness, Burning sensation.
How to use Adenoz Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Adenoz Injection works
Adenoz 6mg injection treats irregular heartbeat by blocking abnormal electrical signals in the heart.
In Depth Information on Adenoz Injection
Expert advice for Adenoz Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have any of the following heart problems: heart attack/ failure, or heart transplant within the last year; unusual heart rhythm (atrial fibrillation or flutter), low blood volume/ narrowing of heart valves.
- Consult your doctor if you have narrowing of the main arteries in your neck (carotid arteries).
- Take precautions while taking adenosine if you have recurrent fits.
- Caution must be exercised if you have had recurrent fits or experienced difficulty in breathing and problems associated with blood pressure, urination, defecation, etc.
- You may need to monitor your condition (ECG and blood pressure) while taking adenosine.
- Avoid food or drinks that have caffeine before taking this drug.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Adenoz 6mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Adenoz 6mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Adenoz 6mg Injection is probably safe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Not relevant, as Adenoz 6mg Injection is intended for use in hospitalised patients.
Adenoz 6mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney+more
disease. No dose adjustment of Adenoz 6mg Injection is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Phylin 1mg Tablet, Bronkasma Tablet, Onimar 150mg Tablet, Unicontin-E 400mg Tablet CR
If you miss a dose of Adenosine, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Adenoz 6mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Adenosine
Q. Is adenosine a hormone/an amino acid/nucleotides/beta blocker/calcium channel blocker?
Adenosine belongs to class of drugs called nucleosides. It acts by restoring the heart rhythm. It also relaxes blood vessels supplying the heart and increases blood flow, thereby relieving abnormal electrical activity due to compromised blood flow to heart
Adenoz causes vasodilatation which may result in headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, tachycardia and flushing. It also causes bronchoconstriction resulting in breathlessness and chest discomfort
No. Adenoz has no effect on sleep
Yes, Adenoz can cause various types of disturbances in heart rhythm; atrial fibrillation is one of them.